LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by somegaveup View Post
    I think everyone's problem with Roy is his constant shameless self promotion. It is one thing if third parties are posting the information/videos. Its another thing if you are posting BS about yourself.

I hate to say it but its not just Roy. A lot of people here, youtube, ect.. post pics/videos of themselves looking for some sort of validation from the internet. What makes it worse is when that person is over 18 years old because they should know better.

Just surf and have fun. Stop with the look at me, look at me mommy no hands, and do what your doing and don't worry what everyone else thinks.

Rant over..
    Back to more shameless self promotions
    Definitely. This vid that the Gnome posted here took a lot of effort to plan & produce. For what purpose? To sell more $500k kindling? To enlighten the rest of us on how to have 11 kids & live a certain way? To glorify the individual, stroke the ego, make the narcissist glow even more in his own self-perception?
    Ugh

Along those lines, the people who are frantically using their iPhones to film an event or a concert or some encounter with a famous person or just a life event....and you know exactly why, too; they're gonna post it on FB ASAP, and email or text it to all their gadgeteer pals instead of actually experiencing the moment. It makes them the center of attention if even for a fleeting moment, and that reinforces the ego for a person who may be thinking that it is really, really, really, reeeeealy important that the world know what they are going through moment-to-moment.

We've become a lot of people who are self-centered. Oh wait, the Gnome doesn't live here.
    Last edited by yankee; May 31, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

Come on Yankee you love every minute of it.. what would be left for you to post if you approved of everyone?

By the way the price of the Hotkurl is 1.47 million, and thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Definitely. This vid that the Gnome posted here took a lot of effort to plan & produce. For what purpose? To sell more $500k kindling? To enlighten the rest of us on how to have 11 kids & live a certain way? To glorify the individual, stroke the ego, make the narcissist glow even more in his own self-perception?
    Ugh

Along those lines, the people who are frantically using their iPhones to film an event or a concert or some encounter with a famous person or just a life event....and you know exactly why, too; they're gonna post it on FB ASAP, and email or text it to all their gadgeteer pals instead of actually experiencing the moment. It makes them the center of attention if even for a fleeting moment, and that reinforces the ego for a person who may be thinking that it is really, really, really, reeeeealy important that the world know what they are going through moment-to-moment.

We've become a lot of people who are self-centered. Oh wait, the Gnome doesn't live here.
    +1. The facebook thing is out of control. People don't live in the moment anymore. They post about everything that goes on in their life everyday. They want to feel important and focus all the attention on them. This can get really bad when they talk about their kids and post everything about them. Can you say Kathie Lee-Gifford.

I dislike him because he is a holocaust denier, never provides references for his claims, generally sounds like a pompous know-it-all, and he imagined up a guy from South Carolina who made a giant wooden surfboard.

Incorrect, you dislike me because you need to dislike people.

Regarding the interview, I've turned down several requests for interviews recently, and initially said 'No' to Dave and Kurt but I'm glad that we went ahead with it as we had a lot of fun doing it, it was a great couple of days.

We all had a ball at the point, two sessions with no one else out, in perfect weather, playing with surfboards and cameras in the sunshine.

Images
    Come on dude you can't tell other people why they don't like you.

I just did, so you are wrong on that score.

Images
    But you are incorrect as to what's going on in that dude's mind. Unless you just flat out say you know what he's thinking. Please, just say it.

Whatever... it's nice to have access to two opposite coasts, one with a perfect point break and the other with lots of beach and bar breaks. Here's our 'right' coast on a day with only three out in a town of 100,000 but many surfers in the car park:

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    But you are incorrect as to what's going on in that dude's mind. Unless you just flat out say you know what he's thinking. Please, just say it.
    +1
    Ties in with The Gnome's posited 'theories' wherein Gnome says this is how it is, and a rational mind says that's not it at all, and Gnome says well there you go, you can't disprove me...so it must be true.
    Borderline deranged.