Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I've got a better version of your documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S9xROONPy6Y
    Bahahahahahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Bahahahahahahahaha!!!
    Gnomes don't die, they multiply!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Here's our 'right' coast on a day with only three out in a town of 100,000 but many surfers in the car park:
    But many surfers in the car park? what does that mean? does that mean they were not up to the challenge of surfing those waves?

NJShredMachine wouldnt even bother getting wet for those waves...
    I'd go though.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

But many surfers in the car park? what does that mean? does that mean they were not up to the challenge of surfing those waves?
    That's exactly what it meant.

the waves looked like closeouts and had a big backwash at times but were makeable with the right equipment, I was the only one with such equipment, and scored dozens of 200 to 300 yard rides.

the waves looked like closeouts and had a big backwash at times but were makeable with the right equipment, I was the only one with such equipment, and scored dozens of 200 to 300 yard rides.

I guess NZ doesnt have too many good surfers... that is really weird considering Australia has a huge surfing population.

Ah, jeeeez. The unrestrained narcissism, the massive ego on display, he's a legend in his own mind.
    And always, always, trying to sell piles of kindling to wealthy suckers.

[QUOTE=Roy Stuart;169968]There is no one of that name here.

You are what what we say you are, Gnome. Just as you invent BS things & deny historical events, well, there you go.

Wrong again, it was an equipment issue not a skill issue.

A quick answer is that in such conditions the shortboards can't get in early enough, and have trouble getting around the sections, and the longboards not only have trouble taking off due to the offshore but have such poor control and speed that by the time they get their act together the curl is long gone. This applies to the top riders as well.

Positioning for takeoff was also very difficult as the waves were getting constant backwash due to the high tide.

Bottom line is that the shoreline was packed with surfers watching but not entering the water. A certain reluctance also existed as the waves had been 20ft plus the previous day and it was huge first thing in the morning also, so people were waiting for it to drop and clean up but spent too much time watching and waiting when it had already done so... because it was still too difficult to ride on their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Ah, jeeeez. The unrestrained narcissism, the massive ego on display, he's a legend in his own mind.
    Just telling you what happened as a matter of fact.

As a surfboard designer I aim for such advantages and when they are achieved I not only notice but report it publicly from time to time.

Would you like me to tell you about some of my design failures and what they taught me?