LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    well this experiment is going badly haha 3 down so far..

Is it just me or has the mobile feed really sucked so far for this event?

its been weird the whole time, i can see the image fine but i keep seeing scores before the webcast shows the surfers riding the waves which means that there is a delay in the feed

They had about a 4 minute delay. I set the feed to 480p and it ran smooth but still had the delay.

On at 4pm EST. Running at Restaurants again, hopefully there isn't as much wind today since the swell is supposed to be smaller.

Contest now on hold.

How do they judge wave size? On the site it says wave size 4-6 feet when the waves are clearly atleast 8. What kind of nonsense forecasting/reporting do they use? The waves are far overhead.

hawaiian scale double whatever number they say and that is the size of the wave face so 4-6 is 8-12ft faces

it's probably because it'sl ike 4-6 ft at 20 something seconds. it seems like our long period swells (10-13 sec) are short by even their standards. maybe someone can quantify this

Quote Originally Posted by Gilman Photography View Post
    hawaiian scale double whatever number they say and that is the size of the wave face so 4-6 is 8-12ft faces
    This always cracks me up

Quote Originally Posted by Gilman Photography View Post
    I was afraid of that. Why does an official pro tournament use "slang" wave measurements?
    Last edited by ThatSlyB; Jun 6, 2013 at 09:08 PM.