LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sunglasses

sunglasses

Where has everyone had there best luck purchasing sunglasses. Any type of experience appreciated. Thanks

cheaper is better. that way when you break or lose them, it won't hurt so bad.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    cheaper is better. that way when you break or lose them, it won't hurt so bad.
    agreed. and did you know that almost all sunglasses (about 80%) are made by the same company? Oakley, Raybans, Revo etc etc - all made by Luxottica.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    agreed. and did you know that almost all sunglasses (about 80%) are made by the same company? Oakley, Raybans, Revo etc etc - all made by Luxottica.

Who also owns "Sunglasses Hut."

I buy mine at my favorite local tackle store, but I'm pretty partial to Costa Del Mar.... probably stupid since a pair only last me around a year on average, but they have the best polarization IMO.

However, I'm a pretty serious fisherman so it makes a difference in those respects. If you're just stylin, go cheap.

Bottom line: Buy from a local store, whatever brand you are going for.

Oakley.At the Oakley store.$130 and I would of paid $200.My 3Rd pair over like 15 years.

I did a AC compressor change at my local surf shop. I told them I wanted Sunglasses for the labor. I was taken to the turnstile to chose. I went to the locked display case and chose 200 dollar Revos. Less than a year later, I lost them in piggy point in CR when some backwash slapped them off my face.

Costa's for fishing, but they never leave the case until i'm on the boat. too expensive to wear for social purposes. Ray bans and the new arnette's with the interchangeable arms are great. cheap and durable. if you need a nice pair for work (i work in the city) highly recommend going to sunglass hut. While I always try to support a surf shop, they have the nice brands, and after 1 year, you can turn your pair in and buy a new pair 1/2 off. not a bad deal to keep things fresh.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I did a AC compressor change at my local surf shop. I told them I wanted Sunglasses for the labor. I was taken to the turnstile to chose. I went to the locked display case and chose 200 dollar Revos. Less than a year later, I lost them in piggy point in CR when some backwash slapped them off my face.
    thats awesome they did that for you, im lucky to get a tip after a 8 hour full system installation.

Images
    Keep an eye out on steepandcheap.com and whiskeymilitia.com

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Keep an eye out on steepandcheap.com and whiskeymilitia.com
    same with lemonparty.com