LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm getting married in the end of sept and booked a trip to the Maldives on the Ocean Divine from the 6th to the 13th for the honeymoon. Seems pretty cool and a lot of stuff to do for the wife when I'm out surfing all day. www.ocean-divine.com

Be curious to hear about barbados. What's so great about it? Got a 10th wedding anniversary coming up and and thinking about a trip.

By the way, here is how marriage goes:

engagement to 1st annivesary: marriage is so great, can't believe how lucky I am.

Years 2 through 4: marriage is nice, has some ups and downs, but overall pretty good.

Years 4 - 7: did bjs go out of style or something?

Years 7 -10: now I know why my dad was always so pissed off.

3. if you got the money = Grand Hyatt Kauai

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIer View Post
    Be curious to hear about barbados. What's so great about it? Got a 10th wedding anniversary coming up and and thinking about a trip.

By the way, here is how marriage goes:

engagement to 1st annivesary: marriage is so great, can't believe how lucky I am.

Years 2 through 4: marriage is nice, has some ups and downs, but overall pretty good.

Years 4 - 7: did bjs go out of style or something?

Years 7 -10: now I know why my dad was always so pissed off.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spot on.

+1 for K'auai.

And don't the Bear get you down. If you go in knowing it's not all Barbie and Ken BS, and realize that some days you're going to have to dig real deep to get thru it, and some days are just simply magic. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Your honeymoon is a once in a lifetime trip. My wedding was super low key and it was still chaotic. We were so tired afterwards. Not too tired ; )

K'auai. Honeymooner's island. I've been going there since I was a little kid and I love it. October you'll have waves and the water will be warm. There's plenty to do together and it's not too far away. It's a beautiful place man. So much aloha and everyone's in love.

We had fun. Haven't been since then, maybe go back soon.
    I agree. Kauai is a perfect place to go for a honeymoon. There's good breaks on the north and south sides. About the most beautiful place on Earth as well. Not crowded like Oahu either. Plenty to do and see other than surfing. Waimea Canyon and Na'pali Coast are unbelievable there, doesn't even look real.

i will add another vote for kauai. stuff to do around the island, some great surf, some crazy waterfalls, the napaali coast and its really chill. and obviously beautiful. your chick will love it. we stayed in the marriott on the east side and did some day trips to the south and north coast. also had a couple days of just hanging around the beach there. also went to maui, which i recommend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Dude, you seem like a level-headed type of dude........

Don't get married, man. I'm not trying to harsh your buzz mellow, but I can't sit here and go, "Oh congratulations." I just can't do it.

People don't get along very well the more they are exposed to each other. The things people consider "cute" aboot each other actually grow to become the most annoying things on the planet.

Everyday,..........there he/she is.............arrrgghhhhh.........everyday. Older married couples, who have lasted, get this weird vibe going between them. Like, they have just resigned themselves to their partnership, and they just go with it. But there's no spark left anymore. Just two people who have decided they are going to tolerate sharing a bathroom with each other for the next God knows how many years.

And this tolerance I speak of only exists for people born before 1950. The younger generations just don't have it. Blame feminism but women don't "need" to be married anymore like they used to. So, that puts added pressures on the manfolk.

Individualism and isolation does a character good. Makes you tough....like Tuffskins Jeans. Plus, after marriage, I bet you'll hear, " You're going surfing again ??!!??" It will happen. People change once they get hitched.

Sign a pre-nup, dude. And for God's sakes don't have kids, man. Dude, there's like 7 billion people on this planet already.
    Whats the matter PJB, cant keep your women in line?

Hey NYNJ, if you pick the right woman and if you set boundaries the right way and most importantly be a real man and treat your lady right, you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post

Hey NYNJ, if you pick the right woman and if you set boundaries the right way and most importantly be a real man and treat your lady right, you will be fine.
    +1 It's all about setting expectations. Don't over promise and under deliver, always under promise and OVER deliver (when possible), this will keep you out of trouble and in good graces most of the time.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post

Nahhh, I'm not Italian, Mr. Sniffer. That kind of stuff is inherent in the Latin genes. Irish chicks drink heavily and fight back.

Man, I wish my family was: Father- NUMERO UNO.........first born son - NUMERO DOS.......and then the wife and daughters down the totem pole. That would be awesome !!

Plus, I never had any Hitler dilusions of controlling people.

See this advice these dudes offer....it's like a mind game. All a big game, and isn't there enough games in life?

Plus, I'm that lone wolf howling into the night, while the pack huddles together for a sense of security.

And NYNJ, while I do have jaded views of human relationships, I was kind of tongue-in-cheek about the whole anti-marriage thing. So don't get discouraged.........

Hey, humans have made life a script/schedule/itenerary, and most people follow along................