LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skimmers

Hybrid View

skimmers

Today I was surfing some small longboard waves in Delaware and there was about 10 skimmers on the beach and every time I would catch a wave going down the line a skimmer would come behind and in front of me and I was just getting so tired of it and one time I through there board and had some words. how am I suppose to handle this situation. Every surfer out there was mad at them. Any suggestions?

Run them over? Yell shark?

Move on bruh, you won't win. 10 against 1 and you might consider still having to go to work which enables you to enjoy the small waves when they ( the skimmers ) are not there. Hell , maybe even be nice to them, killem with kindness. Just a suggestion from another long boarder .

As one who just started to ride a longboard for the first time at 33 I hate to say how much I hated the long board community before. Sitting outside the break and able to paddle in and steal waves and just basically the jealousy of able to make a knee high day fun... grrr.

But now as a recently turned majority longboarder I say let them have fun while we can sit back and pick our waves but don't be a **** and shank their waves if your not in position.

But to insure your talking skimmer boards and not skim boarders... cause skim boarders are like gingers: NO SOULS. Let the sea take them cause we know they can't swim past knee high depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarast View Post
    As one who just started to ride a longboard for the first time at 33 I hate to say how much I hated the long board community before. Sitting outside the break and able to paddle in and steal waves and just basically the jealousy of able to make a knee high day fun... grrr.

But now as a recently turned majority longboarder I say let them have fun while we can sit back and pick our waves but don't be a **** and shank their waves if your not in position.

But to insure your talking skimmer boards and not skim boarders... cause skim boarders are like gingers: NO SOULS. Let the sea take them cause we know they can't swim past knee high depth.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcTI...IvHTlA&index=3

Skimboarders who are good enough can do the same thing as surfers. And if you're running into people who are skimming, you should probably not be surfing shore break. Maybe that's the problem huh?

I wouldn't call that skim boarding. That's surfing WITH a skimboard. Like Kelly Slater surfing on a door.... its not "dooring" or door boarding (I'm creating a new sport if so) its surfing... on a door... in a suit.

When I think of skim boarding I think of pre groms throwing a skimboard on the ground in water and attempting to jump on it and to either perform a trick with incoming waves or miss and fall on their head.

I give them credit when they are good... and when they fall and get up with no sign of spinal injury I enjoy in the comic routine and praise their ability to not injure their neck.

What do you have against skimmers. Last time I checked Delaware is better known for its world class skimmers not its subpar Middle Ages long boarders. I agree there is a distinct pecking order that must be followed but don't be rude (or jealous for that matter) just because someone rides a skimboard and they're killing it and your not. Another thing is the naval jetty is more or less the unofficial cape high Beach so of you don't want to deal with skimmers or any young uneducated waterman I suggest driving to ocean city where your kind is welcome.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delsurf73 View Post
    Today I was surfing some small longboard waves in Delaware and there was about 10 skimmers on the beach and every time I would catch a wave going down the line a skimmer would come behind and in front of me and I was just getting so tired of it and one time I through there board and had some words. how am I suppose to handle this situation. Every surfer out there was mad at them. Any suggestions?
    find another place to surf....if skimboarders are behind you and in front of you, then you're surfing a skim wave.

Just curious, but where was this happening?