LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 112

Thread: skimmers

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Cool, otherwise I might have to challenge you to a bench off.
    Totally unfair to you and I'd win. Used to compete in powerlifting meets (aka real bench offs) in college. But I went from brick $hit house in college to svelte, symmetrical, and functional these days. I'm dumbbells and kettlebells all the way now for circuit training. Little to no barbell. Then again, I've barely circuit trained weights once every week or two the last few months since the spring swell jumped off and I was on the water hours per day.

    If there is ever any pissing match needing an outcome, can we pick something exotic that neither of us have proficiency in? Open to ideas for sure. I'm thinking freerunning. So sick.

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    To me it's not important who wins the bench off. As long as you've still got the fastest car on the block, that's all that really matters. But to it's their own...
    Gotta be truthful and say I'd win this too. By no means is my German modded to the gills, but I'll smoke any ricer and a fair amount of more powerful Euro imports on driving skill alone. You could put a stick shift in a washing machine and I could make it move fast. My driving record is the length of Kelly's ASP event win record.

    My corpse better not be caught dead in the Garden State, but musculature on both the human and auto frames is up there with hunting, fishing, construction, and destruction on the male value system.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    You're doing it!!! I'm proud of you brah.... no Bruddah.

    One of the benefits of thick skin is that you don't have to wear sun block when you surf the web anymore.
    Thanks, Broseidon. My skin's always been 50mm with liquid steel-taped seams. I had food on the table, a TMNT shirt on my back, and air in my basketball at all times, though I grew up in a middle-class family a block away from the projects. Just because I throw a counter-jab as I slip a hook doesn't mean I'm being sensitive. Chuck Liddell made a career off going on the offensive while stepping out of his opponent's range.

    The aggro on here is rampant these days. Those of us who were sparring with wit and words days and weeks ago have cooled out while this battle for right to New World Order has ensued among a mosaic of demographic characters.

    PJB, for the love of Laird, what do we need to do to spur on the next round of war between Sir Skims Alot and WRG Boy? If they don't tap gloves and go at it for another 5-minute round, I say we each pick a role and dramatize.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,075
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Totally unfair to you and I'd win. Used to compete in powerlifting meets (aka real bench offs) in college. But I went from brick $hit house in college to svelte, symmetrical, and functional these days. I'm dumbbells and kettlebells all the way now for circuit training. Little to no barbell. Then again, I've barely circuit trained weights once every week or two the last few months since the spring swell jumped off and I was on the water hours per day.

    If there is ever any pissing match needing an outcome, can we pick something exotic that neither of us have proficiency in? Open to ideas for sure. I'm thinking freerunning. So sick.
    There are two pieces of wisdom from our Garden State profit that fit well here: 1/"Don't write checks your mouth can't bounce"; and 2/"Surfing, bench pressing, you name it, IT'S ON!" I don't have time to dig them up and quote them, but trust me, they're there. Do your research if you don't believe me. I'll out bench, out squat, and out deadlift you any day compadre.

    *oops forgot to say...I'm not much of a runner, so let's leave that out of the equation, but after seeing your Chuck Liddell reference, maybe you're an mma guy too, I'm always game for a friendly grappling session.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Jun 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

  5. #95
    You talking about NJshred as the prophet? Or profit made in NJ by bouncing checks?

    What was his best 3 lift total? I would assume his big, brown lady is at least good for a 1RM if not a double or triple.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,075
    Images
    6
    Ahh you got me, only had one cup of coffee, excuse the grammatical error...but you're right, he has made some good profits this year on the NYSE, according to him anyway.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    There are two pieces of wisdom from our Garden State profit that fit well here: 1/"Don't write checks your mouth can't bounce"; and 2/"Surfing, bench pressing, you name it, IT'S ON!" I don't have time to dig them up and quote them, but trust me, they're there. Do your research if you don't believe me. I'll out bench, out squat, and out deadlift you any day compadre.

    *oops forgot to say...I'm not much of a runner, so let's leave that out of the equation, but after seeing your Chuck Liddell reference, maybe you're an mma guy too, I'm always game for a friendly grappling session.
    Running (distance) is for people who like baseball and paint-drying. I love a good 1.5-2.5mi sprint with lots of hills but that's about it and only done for the muscular endurance and lactic acid clearance for other primary sports I do, not to mention the good oxidative response.

    If we were having a lift-off, we may as well choose implements that have actual applications to real sports like the power clean, clean and jerk (or press), or clean and snatch. One of my favs still these days even though I've nearly eliminated heavy barbell work for lack of cost/benefit on the joints is hang clean to front squat (with very low catch & full FS ROM) to push press. Try a few sets of those at the gym and see who stands in your way on your way out. They think you're a freak after that, but it's just some good old compound movements superimposed on each other.

    Gi or no Gi on the grappling? Striking? Lots to choose from these days with how we'd set that up. I train several disciplines separately and together. It's all great stuff.

    But I was talking about a reality show type of challenge that neither of us have any experience whatsoever in.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Ahh you got me, only had one cup of coffee, excuse the grammatical error...but you're right, he has made some good profits this year on the NYSE, according to him anyway.
    I thought he was sticking to trading on NASDORQ these days, no?

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,075
    Images
    6
    Hehehe, that would explain his absence.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    904
    This thread is like saying, today I was surfing and these damn kids were building sandcastles right in my way!