LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Surfboard Design and Construction Course at Brookdale

Registration now open for the Surfboard Design and Construction Course at Brookdale Community College in Lincroft. The class runs four consecutive nights, August 26-29, 6:30-9:30pm. Students participate in the designing, shaping and glassing of a surfboard, start to finish... from raw foam blank to finished board. Lottery determines who takes home the new stick. Call the college to register... 732-224-2315
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jun 25, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Confirmation on the date of the shaping/glassing class at Brookdale... The class will run AUGUST 26-29. Sorry for any confusion. Post questions here... I'd be happy to answer if I can. Thanks...
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jun 25, 2013 at 06:48 PM.

LB , kind of funny when you stated IN THE OTHER THREAD how much we probally have in common . Share waves , teach my kid , did ya get the decal yet ?

Any other dates?

No... sorry. The course is only offered once a year these days, always in August.

Thanks, I head to UNCW in august so unfortunately can't make it ..damn

How much is the course? Is it filled yet?

Not sure about the cost.... the college sets that. But you can call and ask, or check out the catalog online.

Seats are still open.

Bump... more heads needed.

"Hands-on course will cover the basic principles of physics and materials science applied to surfboard design, construction, and performance. Students will participate/collaborate in all phases of the design and construction of a single surfboard using both traditional and modern tools, techniques, and materials. Class lottery will determine the winner of this new, custom surfboard. Topics: shaping (foam and blank selection, planshape, rocker, foil, rail profiles, bottom contours); glassing (materials selection, lamination, artwork, hotcoating); fin placement and installation. Enrollment is limited. 4 SESSIONS"

Mon-Thurs, Aug 26-Aug 29, 6:30-9:30 pm

Fee and Code: $199, XRECR 035 W