LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool SUPing & Lightening

Seeing these guys on the cam out there with impending storms...makes me wonder are SUPers lame toolbags or hardcore adrenaline junkies.

I'd go with adrenaline junkie. It takes quite a need for impulsivity to do things like grow that big belly, carry a 150L board to the water, then claim any and all paddle lanes, takeoff spots, and waves. Compare it to Johnny Utah jumping out of the plane sans chute. Pure, natural narcotic. Feel it.

'Lightening' means reducing weight, perhaps you meant 'lightning'?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    'Lightening' means reducing weight, perhaps you meant 'lightning'?
    Can't edit the "Subject" line.
    Suck it up and figure it out.

Ok so you mention storms... perhaps you feel that SUPs are too light for such conditions.

'Lame toolbags' offers no clue.

Now that's a good use for the janitors in the lineup...lightning rods.

Reducing weight by lightening the cumulative load of janitor plus barge may allow for easier, faster escape from oncoming cyclones. Suggested methods for said weight reduction are placing the barge on the street for waste removal and avoiding the intestinal clogging created by excessive consumption of fatty foods. Erock and yankee also say that the coffee filtration systems mentioned in recent threads (and as featured on TLC) have worked very well for them.

Images
    SUP and lightning, perfect together.

Sound like toolbags to me

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Reducing weight by lightening the cumulative load of janitor plus barge may allow for easier, faster escape from oncoming cyclones. Suggested methods for said weight reduction are placing the barge on the street for waste removal and avoiding the intestinal clogging created by excessive consumption of fatty foods. Erock and yankee also say that the coffee filtration systems mentioned in recent threads (and as featured on TLC) have worked very well for them.