LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

need an FCS PC-7 fin

broke one on Friday - was using a twin fin setup with a knubster and broke the left fin as looking from the tail. had the original center fin with me so I installed it in place of the broken one.(and really didn't notice the difference, tbh).

but i suppose i need to have it on hand for bigger days and don't want to buy a full set I don't need. anybody got a stray FCS PC-7 fin? let's deal...

ot- I was thinking about doing the knubster on a twin...then changed my mind when I realized there would be way too much force on the knubster's single tab. You're lucky you didn't break both the left fin and the knubster off (or your plugs, if you not using fusions). Moreover, the PC-7 shouldn't have broken (especially in this configuration), so maybe you have a defective fin (warranty?)

The knubster only has one tab because it isn't designed for twins or tris. The two rear fins on a quad are so close to the knubster, they take the brunt of the force a standard center fin would take on a tri.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    ot- I was thinking about doing the knubster on a twin...then changed my mind when I realized there would be way too much force on the knubster's single tab. You're lucky you didn't break both the left fin and the knubster off (or your plugs, if you not using fusions). Moreover, the PC-7 shouldn't have broken (especially in this configuration), so maybe you have a defective fin (warranty?)

The knubster only has one tab because it isn't designed for twins or tris. The two rear fins on a quad are so close to the knubster, they take the brunt of the force a standard center fin would take on a tri.
    i see your point, but the knubster is so small that i can't imagine the surface of the fin putting up a lot of resistance in the water - not to the point where it might snap off at the tab. as far as the fin, well, the shaper threw it in as part of the deal and that was a few years ago. i think my warranty options are a)slim and b)none.

but your reply conveniently gives me the opportunity to bump the thread - in lieu of one fin, i'd be happy to consider a set of used PC-7's if the price is right.

I have an entire set of PC-7 I have been trying to get rid of. Where you at?

Images
    cb, but i'm in wilmington during business hours M-F. how much do you want for them?