LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    I wouldn't call myself an avid cyclist but i have a lot of bikes. a road bike, a vintage schwinn tandem, vintage schwinn tri-, beat to sh1t beach cruiser with surfboard rack... I don't think cyclists have a feeling of entitlement. If you have a road bike you have to stay on the ROAD. You can't be cruising at 20 miles an hour and then pull onto a gravel shoulder to let a car past you that will move over into the other lane for a fat fukc walking down the road with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth but won't slow down and give two feet of the road for a cyyclist. Rant over.
    Haha love the visual of fat guy with butt hanging from mouth.

The places this all seems to work in harmony are the roads that have the designated bike lane. But those are far and few between.

Long time MTB trials rider here. When it's flat the ground is always there ready to ride. I give road bikers their space even if some of them have yuppie SUPer and touron attitudes.

For a number of reasons the standard for road construction should include a 2' shoulder to the right of the white line.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    So he wasn't a proponent of one's will to survive?
    I'm not saying that, nor am I engaging in a debate on the tenets of Darwinism. I just don't think because someone's riding a road bike w/ cars going by that that indicates any lack of intelligence or will to survive or inability to listen to instincts. I simply would not do it b/c of the risk vs. reward, it's not appealing enough for me to risk my well being with all the idiots on the road, but for those who enjoy it, godspeed. The same argument that you direct towards cyclists could be made towards surfers, that's all.

Images
    Agreed, all roads should have bike lanes under ideal circumstances.

What infuriates me isn't the cyclists correctly and safely riding their bikes on the road, it's all the ones who blatantly ignore the laws (at least here in MA) and ride their bikes on city sidewalks, weaving through pedestrians and baby strollers. I don't want to be dodging bikes on my walk to the subway or to work.

newenglandflatness.... that's not a cyclist. sounds more like a fixie hipster commuting or looking for attention. a cyclist just wants a few feet of room on the road to average 15-25+ mph for 20-100 miles+. as I mentioned and definitely believe, it appears to be uncool, annoying, pointless, etc. but it is really fun, progressive, and excellent exercise. I weight train my upper body, and have pretty much cut out lower body weight training and replaced it with cycling about 50 miles per week in more or less what would be considered a long sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    What infuriates me isn't the cyclists correctly and safely riding their bikes on the road, it's all the ones who blatantly ignore the laws (at least here in MA) and ride their bikes on city sidewalks, weaving through pedestrians and baby strollers. I don't want to be dodging bikes on my walk to the subway or to work.
    Or the ones who blow through stop signs/red lights or suddenly cut in front of you and other stupid stuff. Cyclists have as much right to be on most roads as cars do but they also need to obey the same traffic laws. It's really just a matter of common sense and common courtesy.

Fixed gear, no brakes...

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Darwinism gets taken so out of context at times.
    +1 what Seldom said

Stationary bike. Stay safe, y'all.