LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fort Fisher

yes it can be fun. but why did we have to post this thread. such a small spot(not like a scaterd beach break) to surf. if its crowded then to me its not worth surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    yes it can be fun. but why did we have to post this thread. such a small spot(not like a scaterd beach break) to surf. if its crowded then to me its not worth surfing.
    The state park part of Ft. Fisher holds some awesome beachies, especially the further South you drive (around where Corncake Inlet used to be). I have never seen it crowded down that way.

But yeah, that one little area can get crowded.... I'm still livid about all the sand they pumped on top of the not-man-made spot. Way to bury an entire, unique ecosystem fcking Army Corps of Engineers! I was hoping to do some spearing around there this year, but no reason to waste the gas now! Let those condos fall into the water already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I was hoping to do some spearing around there this year
    X2 - I just got a new sling and am trying to find a decent place to pull flounder without being hassled. I thought about Ft. Fisher as no one really surfs there anymore, but I forgot about the pumped in sand. I tried going all the way south to the no driving point and walking? I have walked to bald head that way before.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    X2 - I just got a new sling and am trying to find a decent place to pull flounder without being hassled. I thought about Ft. Fisher as no one really surfs there anymore, but I forgot about the pumped in sand. I tried going all the way south to the no driving point and walking? I have walked to bald head that way before.
    C an you spear at the "baby beach?" I caught a nice flounder there checking to see if the blue crabs were in shallow water yet. They are, and much thanks Erock for the info last year.

CB, I think you are talking about Buzzard Bay on the back side of Ft. Fisher? You can wade-gig around there at night and low to mid tide near the drop-offs around the marsh grass. It's great for Reds, Blacks and Specks if you're in a flats boat or 'yak. I suppose you could spear all around the grass islands at high tide, but I've never seen water clear enough for decent vis back there.

PLUS: I hear Buzzard is overrun with Cownose Rays right now, probably not worth it unless you want some Po'mans Scallops...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DKH76 View Post
    Not too many rock reef point breaks on the crystal coast.
    are there any?

and of possible interest to the Cape Fear crew: tonight's weekly fireworks show on the beach in CB was cancelled due to weather, which means they'll do a double show next Thursday. it's always a good show anyway and next week will be twice as good. i highly recommend it

anybody going out this morning? Saw more or less mini VAS at wb, but it make for a helluva workout

Nah, I'm just going to work out with the dumbbells and hope it clears up enough later today to ride some laps around Greenfield.

I think we're looking at devil wind all day...

gonna try for around 5pm...maybe the wind will die out? Optimism at its finest.