LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    You're still coming for Thanksgiving right? I'll tell you all about it then.
    Oh yes, Thanksgiving get together with the one and only surfing Jetty Bear! Charleston will never be the same again.

Images
    I don't think it changes much everytime I go its the same, unless we can start surfing colonial lake lol , I do want to check out bull island as well but Idk if its any different from folly or iop.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    I don't think it changes much everytime I go its the same, unless we can start surfing colonial lake lol , I do want to check out bull island as well but Idk if its any different from folly or iop.
    Rumor has it, Bull is the tits. I have been out there for partying with friends on boats, but never surfed. I also have a friend that claims Morris Island is much better than Folly. Not sure if this is true.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Rumor has it, Bull is the tits. I have been out there for partying with friends on boats, but never surfed. I also have a friend that claims Morris Island is much better than Folly. Not sure if this is true.
    I can't imagine that its any good for the same reason Sullivan's Island isn't that good. The angle of Morris Island and it's relation to the jetties shelters it from a lot of swells. I'm sure there are times it'll go off but everywhere else would be getting it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I can't imagine that its any good for the same reason Sullivan's Island isn't that good. The angle of Morris Island and it's relation to the jetties shelters it from a lot of swells. I'm sure there are times it'll go off but everywhere else would be getting it too.
    Yeah, it didn't make sense, but this guy swore it was great out there. I imagine the fact that the swell generally pushes NW would make Morris better than Sullivans, but it shouldn't be any better than any part of Folly.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
    The sharks are trailing the shrimp boats for the bycatch... something to think about when you see a line of 10 shrimp boats half a mile off the beach
    Fishing boats do that all the time here and they do the gutting on the boat. But the afternoon onshore seabreeze brings the chum slick closer to shore. Hmmm

I bet the Northern part of Edisto (near Beaufort) can get all-time with all those low-flow inlet mouths making some nice looking points.

Bull Island can get super fun, but you have to have a boat. Tide plays a big factor there as do sandbars offshore. The north end of Bull gets very, very good, but it needs light offshore wind and a sizable swell to start working. I wouldn't even consider it in turtle nesting season - big toothies. I haven't surfed there in years , last time was hurricane Kyle - no longer have access to a boat.

The shoal off of Bulls Bay is the scariest looking place I've ever seen. Deep dark water and it smelled like menhaden oil. Went out there to surf and wouldn't even get in the water. Looked super junky like it would need a clean swell and very light winds.

Great quote in Surfer mag last month describing South Carolina during the early days of statehood...

"Its too small for a Republic, but too big for an insane asylum."

I like that!

Yeah, I've heard the rumors of the mysto break off of Capers. Seems like a lot of work to be shark bait. Is this like Charleston's version of Candyman? While rotating on your board repeat Deal Rocks three times and the wave appears?

Images
    I started a thread about the outer bars in Hatteras once after seeing a youtube vid on brett barley surfing it with his crew in like 2007 or something, but no one replied. I should probably stop annoying you southeast guys and stay off the southeast threads.