LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowdss!!!

Crowdss!!!

Would you rather surf a foot smaller of a wave with only a few guys out, or surf a wave that is a little bigger but is 3 times as crowded

Hopefully i'm not the only person that would rather have the first option.

Welcome to the forum, thank you for bringing up the crowds question for the 100,000 time.

Depends on my mood. I've been in a "I'll run your ass over" mood lately, so I'll take the crowded larger surf.

Can't wait to see if Friday or Saturday get decent... UNCW is on summer break, so there's going to be plenty of speed bumps out there littering the impact zone. KOOK CONFETTI TIME!

Yeah just thinking when skool gets out it'll get a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for bringing up the crowds question for the 100,000 time.
    Hey, at least it is surf related and not some more conspiracy crap. But yeah, kinda worn out topic.

Myself, I already surf waves anywhere from 1 to 23 feet smaller than everybody else in way south Florida and crowds are the least of my worries.

Seems like I'm not the surfer most claim to be here on this forum , so with that being said and knowing I prefer less crowded breaks I choose smaller less crowded. For the 100,000 time

Yeahh sweet, my bad for asking the 100,000 time and yeah well in Florida its get i little nasty after longg flat spells, So just wondering.
    Sorryagain

No worries, it's just a topic that comes up on here quite often! How about a medium wave mildy crowded with everyone taking turns?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewaternerd View Post
    Would you rather surf a foot smaller of a wave with only a few guys out, or surf a wave that is a little bigger but is 3 times as crowded

Hopefully i'm not the only person that would rather have the first option.
    Around here, "a foot smaller" for the next three months means knee high slop, as opposed to waist high and ok. I usually pick the waist high waves and just deal with the fact that crowds happen, and just try to get in the water early and avoid peak times.

The other thing is....more times than not i have found that with a little bit of effort its possible to find relatively uncrowded waves without sacrificing the size and quality. People tend to flock to the known spots, cameras, and easily checked spots. That fact can be used to your advantage. Even in the crowded season.
    Last edited by mitchell; Jun 5, 2013 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Depends on my mood. I've been in a "I'll run your ass over" mood lately, so I'll take the crowded larger surf.

Can't wait to see if Friday or Saturday get decent... UNCW is on summer break, so there's going to be plenty of speed bumps out there littering the impact zone. KOOK CONFETTI TIME!
    I know all about that... lol.