LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What do you do when you see sharks in the water with you?

Do you typically continue to surf when you see sharks in the water with you?

Was surfing small waves in VA Beach today and saw a 5 foot and a little 2 foot shark while riding separate waves. The little shark didn't bother me much mentally but the bigger shark caused me some concern. Decided to go to shore for a bit. Wife on shore didn't believe me until I pointed them out cruising in the cuts between sandbars. She freaked but also couldn't stop watching them. They stuck around for about 8 minutes that we could see.

small surf today is being generous, and I hope it stays that way. Please god, keep clean glassy head high perfection from our shore. In Cheeses name, allman.

I've never left the surf if sharks are showing themselves. But bluefish scare the heck out of me.

Images
    I wish I was you Chicha!

Images
    I somehow telepathically communicate with the sea creatures and have them fetch my toupee.

Depends - Sand & Black Tips NO - Bulls, Hammers, Makos, Tigers YES - big schools of bluefish do suck.

It depends on my testosterone level, sometimes I'm just to tired to give a damn.

Images
    I would probably exit, just being honest.

I break out the ol' rod and go shark surfing.

Where were you? 1st street? Sandbridge? Croatan? North-End?

I had a small black tip come right up on me (3 feet from my leg) on Sunday. I hightailed it. To be honest, whenever I see them out there and they are close, I get my ass outta there. Better to be a sissy than to be lunch.