LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    9 out of 10 times it's just a shadow or dolphin.

Perfect surf vehicle. Stuff the shark and keep it on the trailer. No more groups of summer hero's parking and paddling out to ruin your solo session.

Last edited by goosemagoo; Jun 6, 2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: forgot pic

Seriously. They have no clue... I personally would have released it (unless I was in a tournament). I'd much rather take home a 200lb mako for steaks.

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Those people make us look like rocket surgeons! I almost signed up so I could post, but then, aren't there enough trolls on the interweb these days?

Images
    I have an issue with hunting lions.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    This doesn't add up...I thought Roy Stuart was vehemently opposed to shortboards.

I like Roy though. And I like the hell out of that video. The shark bait is awesome as is his jubilance post-conquest. What's really transcendental improv is the tow-in via apex predator in lieu of boatercycle. So much more natural and organic.
    That's not shortboarding, it's shark-boarding.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I have an issue with hunting lions.
    Dude, lions have to hunt. It's not like there's little lion grocery stores in Africa that sell antelope steaks. C'mon man, open your eyes!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Dude, lions have to hunt. It's not like there's little lion grocery stores in Africa that sell antelope steaks. C'mon man, open your eyes!
    Well played, you know what I mean though.

Images
    i never actually see the shark. i always run into the guy that just saw the shark or saw it this morning or yesterday or whatever. and so it goes.

it's incredible how many sharks are near the shore in vb and especially the southern outer banks. shark stories in 1..2..3...

1 Rodanthe pier. Surfing after TS danny (i think, one of them anyhow) and a fisherman pulls up a tiger. At least 6 feet long. He can't get it all of the way out of the water and says that he has to cut the line. I was about 50 feet away and this shark was PISSED, thrashing and swimming around the pilings trying to get free. Got out for about an hour.

2. only one in the water in frisco. Friends are chillin on the beach. Catch a wave, look down, realize that I am being chased by a big fat bull shark. He was about the size of my log, which is f*cking terrifying. I dropped to my belly and rode in the white wash to the beach, where my friends all came down to have the "Oh my F*cking GOD Did you see that?!?!" conversation. Went out later on the SUP only to see a couple little hammerheads and some nurse sharks. Frisco, man, gotta love the place.

3. Was fishing with my boss out in the mouth of the bay and we hooked about a 200lb bull. We thought it was a big ass tuna until it breached... CUT THE LINE!!!! I tell you what, though, the damn giant eel we caught was ever scarier.

But, I mean, It's not like we have to deal with great whites or anything....

if I'm surfing in NJ, not a damn thing, if spear diving, calmly get out of the water, if surfing in Montauk, MV, OBX anywhere in FL or anywhere in CA get the **** out