LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Damn sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads!
    Attachment 7725
    Yeah man, isn't it fricken freezing in the deep water they swim in, Bigglesworth? Total ambient light absorption makes those laser beams incognito.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Depends on the shark, its size, if there's a lot of bait fish in the water, and whether I'm out alone. Last week while off Dam Neck (VA Beach), I saw what appeared to be about a 4 ft sand tiger suddenly appear at the surface within 20 feet from me then quickly vanish. It was a little after 6PM. Startled me. As I wasn't completely sure at the time what it was, I got out of the water.
    In the 70s, I used to have access to Dang Neck (cause we Don't talk that way around here.) there'd be waves when flat everywhere else. I remember the water was always rust colored. In the mid 80's I got a job working on barracks on the beach. I'd get there early and catch a few waves before work. got fired for losing track of time and showing up late. the old, "next wave in for sure this time" will do that. the water was a lighter brown then.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    In the 70s, I used to have access to Dang Neck (cause we Don't talk that way around here.) there'd be waves when flat everywhere else. I remember the water was always rust colored. In the mid 80's I got a job working on barracks on the beach. I'd get there early and catch a few waves before work. got fired for losing track of time and showing up late. the old, "next wave in for sure this time" will do that. the water was a lighter brown then.
    I was able to put in a couple nice, lunchtime sessions there Wed and Thurs. It was only knee to thigh high but still fun. Came as a surprise, because it's been flat or the 1 ft slop for over 2 weeks. Was getting frustrating. Had considered going back to kayaking or taking up SUPing.
    I've only been surfing since last Aug but am already familiar with the "I'll come in after the next ride", racing back for a meeting with a wet beard and no socks or sneaking back to the office a little late. I'm 57, should know better, and acting like a kid!

priceless thread..good for some laughs on a Friday..mine is a little emabarassing, swung my board around to catch a wave and the shadow of my board freeked me out since it appeared something had just swam underneath me! hair stood up on the back of my neck I was freaked out for a few seconds, missed the wave and looked over at my friend and laughed it off..

croatan, spring of 2012, tiger shark two of 'em gave me the stink eye and I was out of the water, confirmed...out

I'm still considering getting a SUP and a john boat to meet up with freighters in Willoughby.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    I'm 57, should know better, and acting like a kid!
    And that is what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Ever seen a pic of a tooth from a megalodon? Damn near looks like a leg bone.
    One time I surfed on a megalodon while military pressing an Orca
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jun 7, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Images
    funny this thread is up... I JUST HEARD there was a great white spotting in Sea Girt/ Spring Lake area- the beaches are closed! This could be hearsay... i heard it from someone else... can someone confirm this?? Im serious- no joke here...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    funny this thread is up... I JUST HEARD there was a great white spotting in Sea Girt/ Spring Lake area- the beaches are closed! This could be hearsay... i heard it from someone else... can someone confirm this?? Im serious- no joke here...
    possibly just a hoax... some guys caught some off squan thats all

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Read this thread:

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...lmar-Manasquan