LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to Duckdive?

Hi,

Im 5'5" 130lbs and I've been shut in all Winter, have not worked out at all. I am totally stoked about this hericain comin up the cost and wanted to know how to best duckdive my 7'6" shortboard. I've been pushing the tail down with my foot first but then my nose goes up and the wave taks me over.

I am the oldest grom 33yrs old and just started surfing this yuear. See you in the water Saturday at all your favorite spots!

There ya go.

That, and your board has quite a bit of volume for your weight. May have to incorporate some side-knife-swoop.

What hericain?

Images
    Just turtle roll dude.

I appreciate all those who tried to help.. but was going for more of a composite of the people I will be seeing this weekend, please don't help people in the North East duckdive.

P.s. My wetsuit will be way over kill because this is the first time I've surfed all year.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    I appreciate all those who tried to help.. but was going for more of a composite of the people I will be seeing this weekend, please don't help people in the North East duckdive.
    Well in that case quack like a duck as you perform a triple lindhy dive off the back of your board. Rodney Dangerfield would be proud.

I usually just give the wave a dirty look and it backs off

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Just turtle roll dude.
    You guys are too nice

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I usually just give the wave a dirty look and it backs off
    Chuck Norris???

When approaching a wave simply stand on top of your board preform the hokey pokey and when the wave is within about 5 feet turn yourself around and thats what it's all about. Works every time