LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

3 Sharks seen off Jersey Shore?

I just heard on the radio that 3 sharks were seen off the shoreline of New Jersey. But then I searched it and found little evidence. Has anybody heard any real accurate news of a sighting today?

Are you serious?

Look 4 threads down bubba

That's odd, wonder what sharks are doing in the ocean, not like them to be just hanging around these parts

I received a public notice from the coast guard on my phone but can not yet find a picture of it on the internet. most likely will be up soon. belmar, spring lake, manasquan all had sitings. kayaker had bite damage to her kayak in belmar with a go-pro video documenting it. spring lake, fishermen saw a great white feeding on a shark carcass. manasquan a SUPer was bumped by a great white. all siting have been of a shark 10-15 ft. in length.

"due to the highly aggressive nature of these encounters it is strong advised to stay out of the water in these areas for the next 48-72 hours" - that is from the US Coasr Guard 6/7/2012

disregard my post. there is another thread in the forum with the actual coast guard statement.

Quote Originally Posted by DKennedy View Post
    "due to the highly aggressive nature of these encounters it is strong advised to stay out of the water in these areas for the next 48-72 hours" - that is from the US Coasr Guard 6/7/2012
    That was last year, what are you worried about?

Images
    Heh. Thanks I see it now. Sorry for wasting time. I have a traumatic brain injury from an accident in the marine corps, so i often act before thinking. Thanks

Matty, no worries, you were just providing more material for jokesters. LOL