LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuflite repair

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Couple of points, the core of the tuflites are fused cell EPS meaning that they allegedly won't take on any water even if you were to bore a hole through and surf it. If you are repairing it to sell and your efforts don't pan out there is an authorized surftech repair dealer in Harvey Cedars listed in the website (if you are in NJ but there are others up and down the East Coast).
    Where on the website does it say that? The closest one i see on there is egg harbor.

And LBCrew I haven't been able to get to home depot but I'm just about ready to try out the repair. My only concern is that the hotcoat will come off bendy and rubbery like last time, is there anything I can do to prevent this? You're definitely supposed to use the hardener with the hotcoat right? I'm assuming that's why it's called "hot".

A rubbery epoxy hotcoat is usually from an inaccurate mix ratio, or too much pigment. I've seen both first hand! Since small batches (a few fl. oz.) are hard to get dead on accurate by volume, I recommend a digital scale - 100:45 resin to hardener. If you don't have a scale, get a calibrated mixing cup, and mix up a decent sized batch at 2:1 resin to hardener by volume. Wasting a little resin is better than a bad repair job.

Images
    Or just hot coat with poly sun cure resin. The repair is fixed, the EPS core is protected, epoxy is a pain to mix in tiny batches and sets up slow when what you want to finish off that ding repair is a fast, sandable, hard hotcoat. Poly sun cure will work just fine for this.