LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Shark Sighting...AGAIN!

Surfing jennettes pier this morning (9am) and we where all paddling south then I look to my left and I just see this shark fin emerge and flap then disappear. This shark annihilated the fish and only one other dude saw it along with me. This happen maybe 7ft away from me and it was an awesome experience because I have never been that close and just thinking that I could have been the bait was crazy. Also I don't know much about sharks but i'm thinking it might have been a sandbar shark, bullshark, or a blacktip. If you might know comment.

*EDIT* I talked to some fisherman that sounded like they knew a lot and turns out it may have most likely been a bullshark.
    Last edited by Dune; Jun 12, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

oh my god! there are sharks in the ocean!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    oh my god! there are sharks in the ocean!
    i knew someone was going to say that lol it was weird because we where only 10yrds off shore

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    i knew someone was going to say that lol it was weird because we where only 10yrds off shore
    They come all the way in sometimes, not so strange, calf deep water is usually enough for them if they aren't too big

OMG, here we go again

I heardd dat

How do you know it's the closest you've ever been? You should say "closest I've ever been and known" because chances are 10 of them have swum by you under the water without you knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    i'd say it's weird if you were 1 yd offshore, but not ten.

Images
    Dune, let me tell you something. People who act all casual, on the internet, aboot sharks are probably the most scared of them. Really, if they saw a dorsal fin they'd be scared .........like really scared. That's how that works. So don't fall for their nonchalance.

Man, I got bumped and lifted slightly out of the water by some thing with some girth in upscale Corolla on spring morning. Crazy adrenaline......... was freaking. The waves were two foot bull**** and I got off my board and was just floating(vertically) there questioning why I even went out. And then BOOM !!

Thought I got hit. Scrambled to shore. Didn't see nothing. Yeah, the water was post-rain murky, but you would think I would have seen something(very close in). I have never been on such a rush and so alert in my life the moments proceeding that happening.

You watch out down there Dune because they are out there. Ahhhh, beautifully polluted and overfished New Jersey..........