LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Horrendous forecast!

    According to Swellinfo this morning at the 6:00am update, it was forecasted to be FLAT on east facing rhode island breaks today. LOL....Try Solid chest high.

    S/SSW swell 6.2 feet at 9 seconds at station 44097 doesn't = flat.

    Can the owner of this site explain this to me? Does a slight degree in direction make the difference. Is that what the computer model is miscalculating?

  2. #2
    i woke up to way more swell then i expected in jersey today. seems like this pulse was a bit stronger than forecasted everywhere.

  3. #3
    obligatory: shut up it's a free site, go pay for surfline dweeb.

  4. #4
    haha everyone who checked the forecasts this morning in jerz didnt go out at least around me so i had solid overhead peelers with only one other guy out for a number of hours

  5. #5
    Where were you? Not the actual break. Just North or South?
    I'm in Monmouth. I check a few spots this morning and got out for a bit. It was fun, but nothing close to solid overhead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilman Photography View Post
    haha everyone who checked the forecasts this morning in jerz didnt go out at least around me so i had solid overhead peelers with only one other guy out for a number of hours

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Where were you? Not the actual break. Just North or South?
    I'm in Monmouth. I check a few spots this morning and got out for a bit. It was fun, but nothing close to solid overhead.
    Exactly. SSE swell today on LI was chest at best....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Where were you? Not the actual break. Just North or South?
    I'm in Monmouth. I check a few spots this morning and got out for a bit. It was fun, but nothing close to solid overhead.
    i was south heres a pic of a medium sized wave where i was
    Chris Huch 1.jpg

  8. #8
    Looks fun... I should've worked in South Jersey today

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilman Photography View Post
    i was south heres a pic of a medium sized wave where i was
    Chris Huch 1.jpg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UGHHH! :(
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Looks fun... I should've worked in South Jersey today
    I was south too this morning and had a blast. Even saw a bigger guy paddle out in nothing but trunks.
    Last edited by bassplayer; Jun 13, 2013 at 03:44 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilman Photography View Post
    i was south heres a pic of a medium sized wave where i was
    Chris Huch 1.jpg
    nice! looks better than it was up here