LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Too many clams in his linguini last night.

Nailed it... You gotta pick it up or stop bringing him. Which sucks. I used to love brining my dog to the beach, but he was cool about poopin in public (he was shy)
    Walk him around the parking lot until he goes before you get on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    If there are people anywhere on the beach or in the water, you either gotta keep your dogs off the beach, or you gotta pick it up... it's that simple. Your dogs... your responsibility.

Or you can train him to take care of himself
    Dog Poop.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OC&SC-83 View Post
    I disagree. The man's just trying on a long shot to find some advice. Also, this post is still 100 times better than: "What's better, longboarding or shortboarding??", or "Which East Coast state has the best surf??"
    I said before to some fellow, " There's all kinds out there with all sorts of opinions......."

Now I'm not one of those absolute douche bags who thinks they dictate what people post on here- THE SWELLINFO QUALITY CONTROL TEAM. But, this thread gets your mental juices flowing, huh? Really, what advice could a bunch of dumb surfers possibly be able to give to control a dog's urge to release his bowels on the beach? "Not only am I a surfer, but I'm an expert on dog's psyches concerning gastrointestinal matters. "

Arguing aboot whose state is better invokes deep-rooted pride and creates viable dialogue .....and maybe some insults aboot one's sexuality. It also brings to the surface peoples' prejudices and inner feelings. It's kind of therapeutic....

Manisses, first of all, I congratulate you on your breed of dog. Golden retrievers are the best people on the planet. That's a fact. Trust me. My dog would always move his bowels whenever he got on the beach. It happened every time.

So, if you know it's going to happen be prepared. Now, you say he's evacuating in the water? Well, here's a suggestion: Keep him leashed and on the sand until he defecates, pick it up in a bag, and let her loose(the dog). Then take the bag of excrement and bring it home with you and throw it at the garage of your least favorite neighbor.

And people please let's not use kindergarten words for moving one's bowels. Let us be a bit mature on here. All we need is for some non-surfing intellectual to happen by this site and see us saying, " Poop, poopy and doody." Thank you.

As long as she's not doing her business in close proximity to bathers I don't really see the issue. We pump tons of sewage into the ocean already. What's the harm of a dog deuce? Just teach her to do it when no one is watching.

Full disclosure, I too have a golden that has issues when it comes to the ocean. While he does not drop aquatic doggy heat, he does growl at little children while swimming in circles. If you tell him it's time to go he starts whimpering and growling at you. Must be the genes.

Images
    My husky does not like waves, kinda tweaks while I'm paddling out if he's with me...loves to play around in fresh water tho...likes to dump on terra firma.

Edited (shortened QUITE a bit):

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    But, this thread gets your mental juices flowing, huh? Really, what advice could a bunch of dumb surfers possibly be able to give to control a dog's urge to release his bowels on the beach? "Not only am I a surfer, but I'm an expert on dog's psyches concerning gastrointestinal matters. "

So, if you know it's going to happen be prepared. Now, you say he's evacuating in the water? Well, here's a suggestion: Keep him leashed and on the sand until he defecates, pick it up in a bag, and let her loose(the dog). Then take the bag of excrement and bring it home with you and throw it at the garage of your least favorite neighbor.
    Got your mental juices flowin bud..

post script: you do have one of the better profile names.

Teach it to "retrieve" the golden log, and then dispose of it properly, any good Golden Retriever should already know how to do this though, must of gotten one of the slow ones.

I can get my dog to do his business beforehand or on the sand but the problem is once he hits the water for a few retrieves he gets bum rushed with a XL sized milkshake explosion. And, I'm not talking about a stiff azz frozen Wendy's frosty. Nothing short of a dredge hose could get even half of the brown tide he creates.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OC&SC-83 View Post
    Edited (shortened QUITE a bit):

Got your mental juices flowin bud..

post script: you do have one of the better profile names.
    Ocean City & South Carolina, please don't get bent aboot my submissions. Take them with a grain of salt(what the hell does that even mean) and realize I can be a bit tongue-in-cheek(what the hell does that really mean) Man these phrases......I use them and I know what they connotate, but the literal is quite wacky.

Yeah, OC&SC I need an editor, huh? Long-winded......... But my posts aren't as long as they appear because I use many a paragraphs because it is more visually appealing, and makes reading easier.

Thanks for the name approval. Oh, don't call me "bud," pal. Don't call me "pal," friend. Don't call me "friend," buddy.
    Last edited by Paddington Jetty Bear; Jun 14, 2013 at 03:20 PM.