LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    drop the 'season' stuff. there is no 'season' for surfing. you go when the waves are ridable.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Work your shoulders and back...I dont have a pull up bar and can no longer tolerate gyms, but you could throw a couple towels over a tree branch and use them for handles..maybe some lateral raises for your delts...plyo and single leg squats.
    Thank you seldom! Lateral raises, check! I will start with these. Do you feel the curls exercise are hindering the paddle stroke? So far I am feeling that doing bent over dumb bell rows and raises as you suggest will help those accessory muscles. How do you feel on normal pushups? Should these hit the muscles often stimulated from a paddle session?

Psi-Cho: I posted links to my favorite dumbbell exercises in a past thread. Look it up!

And what stage of life are you in this year? Are you married again or do you have that girlfriend you mentioned? You were never consistent with that, so I just want to know what the deal is this year in advance. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    drop the 'season' stuff. there is no 'season' for surfing. you go when the waves are ridable.
    Like I wrote, I don't have the luxury of living near waves and work keeps me most of the other times I dream of being out there.

Add some pull ups to your routine. It's hard to work your paddling muscles without actually paddling or using machines because you need to have resistance to pulling your hands from above your head to your waist. To do that with dumbbells you'd basically have to be hanging upside down. Bent over rows could help a little but you'll bee working more of your back than lats.

Caveat: Take my advice with a grain of salt. I don't even know what the inside of a gym looks like but I've had a few agro lifting friends/roommates in the past.

honestly, you should either find another sport or try to find work closer to the water.

More paddling is best. For you specifically I would recommend you paddle out the manasquan inlet about a mile then hang a left, make sure to pick all ur scabs first..no pain no gain!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Psi-Cho: I posted links to my favorite dumbbell exercises in a past thread. Look it up!

And what stage of life are you in this year? Are you married again or do you have that girlfriend you mentioned? You were never consistent with that, so I just want to know what the deal is this year in advance. Thanks.
    LOL you are hitting on my personal life when all I asked for is exercise routines to help with paddling? PM me, tell me whom you are, and if I know you and feel comfortable, I will try to entertain your questions. As for now consider most of it all BS :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    LOL you are hitting on my personal life when all I asked for is exercise routines to help with paddling? PM me, tell me whom you are, and if I know you and feel comfortable, I will try to entertain your questions. As for now consider most of it all BS :-)
    Yes, I do consider most of all you write BS.

Do you not know how to use the forum search function, or are you just lonely and looking for attention....again?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Thank you seldom! Lateral raises, check! I will start with these. Do you feel the curls exercise are hindering the paddle stroke? So far I am feeling that doing bent over dumb bell rows and raises as you suggest will help those accessory muscles. How do you feel on normal pushups? Should these hit the muscles often stimulated from a paddle session?
    No problemo...what goose said too, paddling and pull ups. As far as push ups, absolutely. Obviously primarily a chest/shoulder exercise, but your lats act as a stabilizer on the negative so they'll be getting worked indirectly too. Also, whenever I hit my heavy bag my lats always feel great, good for shoulders and back, and getting cardio done at the same time.