LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ughVeeBee View Post
    They thanked me then they had the nerve to tell me I had to come in. If it wasn't for me those kids would have drown.
    Job security, ya don't need those dumbasses gettin a tan on the beach when there are better watermen in the thick of it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ughVeeBee View Post
    Lifeguards in VB are a bunch of queers. A couple years ago out at Sandbridge a really bad rip pulled a bunch of kids of very quickly. They shouldn't even have been in the water at all. I saw them getting sucked out and paddled over and had all five hanging onto by longboard. I couldn't paddle them all back in so we sat out there for like three minutes, waiting for the lousy lifeguards to finally get out to us and help swim some of them back in. They thanked me then they had the nerve to tell me I had to come in. If it wasn't for me those kids would have drown.
    That's exactly the type of B.S, I'm talking about. It makes no sense. They can't do the job that we can. We are actually a part of what makes the water safe. I've pulled in more people than I can count going back to my teens. Nice job saving those kids! Once again, though, screw the lifeguards!

Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    That's exactly the type of B.S, I'm talking about. It makes no sense. They can't do the job that we can. We are actually a part of what makes the water safe. I've pulled in more people than I can count going back to my teens. Nice job saving those kids! Once again, though, screw the lifeguards!
    i'll say it again, since you missed it the first time: dawn patrol.

Images
    I agree east coast lifeguards are a joke. Half are in high school not capable of saving themselves. Surfers are the first responders and watch out for each other. Its a joke 4 foot waves no one allowed in ocean. California and Hawaii those life guards are the real deal and deserve respect not the clowns that show up every summer.

dont know bout where you guys are but where I am on LBI, as much as I don't like getting kicked out by the lifeguards every morning still respect them since some of the top surfers in the area are lifeguards and they are just doing their job.

DP.

And what the jetty bear mentioned: you want change? Take it up with the rule-makers aka your local pols.

Calling it your job don't make it right

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Don't take your anger out at the lifegaurds. Use your passion aboot this issue to try and change the laws. Man, you Virginia Beach guys live in a surf-related police state down there, huh? Ha, the authorities don't much like you guys, huh? Well at least you guys can feel like the anti-heroes surfers were supposed to be.

Really, use you anger to open more summer surfing areas. Rally the troops. Contact organizations that care. Get involved in the crafty, behind-the-scenes, local Virginia Beach political arena. How aboot running for city council and getting all the shred hounds and local ocean people behind you?

Oh hey yo, 757 Surfer how'd your "Surfing next to the pier" ticket go?

Good lord there sure are alot of surfers in the Tidewater area, just ax the dudes in the outer banks. So unite and organize. Get things changed.

Oh, what do you guys prefer: Tidewater or Hampton Roads. I don't know. I guess I like "Tidewater" if I'm shredding or hanging in a marsh, and Hampton Roads if I'm zanging in Bad News.
    Agreed.
    Taking it out on the lifeguards, ranting, whining, and being disrespectful won't accomplish a thing. If you want to effectively change something, take the emotion out of it. Get organized, stick with the facts, and offer practical solutions.

Tidewater and Hampton Roads tend to be used by politicians and businesses to identify the region. Locals generally refer to the cities: VA Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, etc. VB residents refer to areas within VB: Kempsville, Great Neck, Bayside, Oceanfront, Sandbridge, etc.

It used to be referred to as Tidewater, then for some reason they started referring to it as Hampton Roads. Happened sometime when the area code changed to 757

Images
    If I were drowning, I feel like a VB lifeguard would whistle for me to come in instead of save my life. The only ones I've ran into were the chubby teenagers that seemed to abuse their authority and act like the man of the beach. Seriously, go back to watching kids in the pool.