LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sounds like how WB was 20+ years ago. Over time we helped influence a lot of changes and it's now pretty much a peaceful coexistence thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Sounds like how WB was 20+ years ago. Over time we helped influence a lot of changes and it's now pretty much a peaceful coexistence thankfully.
    Yeah I've never had an issue with any of the lifeguards. Don't know what happened either as my dad was a guard during the 70's at WB and it was WAY more chill than it is today, which is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Head south, young man, head south.
    I went south. Got some good ones.

OP I think it's awesome that you tried to surf in the swim zone. You are a true patriot. Leading le revolution against the boys in red.

Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    Sweet swell in VA Beach today, but who gets to experience it? - Only the sheep surfing the jetty and those fortunate enough to get out in the water before they shut it down. The sheepherders were on the loose enforcing arbitrary rules and cleaning out the ocean. I could see if the water was full of tourists and swimmers, but it wasn't. In fact, after the douche lifeguard kicked everyone out, the ocean was empty but for the 3 foot swell lolling itself onto the shore.

In a world where we debate long boarders vs. short boarders and surfers vs. spongers, if there is anyone that sucks its all the lifeguards and other rule enforcing lame f@$cks. If it weren't for them blindly following stupid, society might have a chance to escape its downward decline into softness. We are creating a society of soft people who need to be protected by the most mundane things such as rain falling from the sky, tiny waves breaking on the beach, and gluten.

Stop the insanity, and next time you see a lifeguard, show them the disrespect they deserve and show them your half-a-peace sign loud and proud because they suck just like cops and bureaucrats!
    I give parking tickets at wb beach. come at me bro.

Images
    Everyone come together as one and surf at every protected beach you can! don't let the lifeguards stop you from shredding the gnar. When the cops come storm the beach and beat their ass then go back to surfing. Us surfers can make a change. You just have to be proactive . . .

Quote Originally Posted by banman View Post
    Yeah I've never had an issue with any of the lifeguards. Don't know what happened either as my dad was a guard during the 70's at WB and it was WAY more chill than it is today, which is saying something.

I think the 80's happened and effed everything up for over a decade.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    Sweet swell in VA Beach today, but who gets to experience it? - Only the sheep surfing the jetty and those fortunate enough to get out in the water before they shut it down. The sheepherders were on the loose enforcing arbitrary rules and cleaning out the ocean. I could see if the water was full of tourists and swimmers, but it wasn't. In fact, after the douche lifeguard kicked everyone out, the ocean was empty but for the 3 foot swell lolling itself onto the shore.

In a world where we debate long boarders vs. short boarders and surfers vs. spongers, if there is anyone that sucks its all the lifeguards and other rule enforcing lame f@$cks. If it weren't for them blindly following stupid, society might have a chance to escape its downward decline into softness. We are creating a society of soft people who need to be protected by the most mundane things such as rain falling from the sky, tiny waves breaking on the beach, and gluten.

Stop the insanity, and next time you see a lifeguard, show them the disrespect they deserve and show them your half-a-peace sign loud and proud because they suck just like cops and bureaucrats!
    if you got hate in your heart let it out

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I think the 80's happened and effed everything up for over a decade.
    WB has surf zones, right? How do you feel about it?

I'm sure most lifeguards hate kicking people out of the water just as much as you do. Getting pissed off at them and shouting obscenities at them will not solve anything. Take it up with your town management. When things get heated on the island, I take it up with town council.

My side of 458 is picking up right now. We have about an hour left of daylight. Keep your feet up!

Yeah, the rules suck ... the answer is pretty simple though ... either dawn patrol, Sandbridge, or OBX. That being said, when the waves get big enough (3ft+), it's typically a red-flag day, and then you can surf all day. So it's only the days when it's knee-to-waist high that they're kicking surfers out during the designated swimmer-only hours. Conditions that are pretty good for surfing typically mean all-day surfing, and no worries about swimmers.

Sorry, but the complaint department is closed until further notice, please direct your concerns to those who affect you in these situations. Thank you for your understanding on this matter as the SwellInfo.com forum has reached max capacity for complaints at this time.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jun 17, 2013 at 09:18 PM.