LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    if you got hate in your heart let it out
    OMG, it's Superfish.

    First, I see Zeroevol's hand and wrist, and now I see this. Wow.

    OMG, the left, upper-corner of your body is beautiful, man.

    Anonymity? What anonymity? I now know what Zeroevol's hand looks like and what the upper 1/4 of of Superfish looks like.

    Yo Fish, how's the policing going? Hey, you do know that steroids are illegal, right?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    WB has surf zones, right? How do you feel about it?

    I'm sure most lifeguards hate kicking people out of the water just as much as you do. Getting pissed off at them and shouting obscenities at them will not solve anything. Take it up with your town management. When things get heated on the island, I take it up with town council.

    My side of 458 is picking up right now. We have about an hour left of daylight. Keep your feet up!
    Used to have surf zones, but not for years now. Now there are designated swimming areas 50 yrds on either side of the lifeguard stand. Pretty much keeps the best breaking areas open for surfing while keeping all the tourons safe in the areas they tend to congregate.

  3. #43
    Any surfer in Virginia Beach should know that the city could care less about how surfers feel. The oceanfront is just a ****tier myrtle Beach that has rioting problems haha. Its sad when surfers cant even enjoy the beach, especially when we have ECSC that brings in big bucks for that city at the end of the year. They just wanna make their money off of shmucks traveling from jersey and other Northern states

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Monterey
    Posts
    17
    Just move to Central/Northern California!! Plenty of Waves; No Lifeguards!!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    3 hrs. from sand
    Posts
    52
    Yea I agree with all you guys about not taking out your anger on the lifeguards doing their jobs. But I think he's more angry at the momentum of societal softening in the wake of all of this over-protective mentality that has developed in the US. We really are becoming a sea of pussies. The gluten comment was hilarious. I want my kids safe, but part of that safety is the wisdom to let them be sometimes to learn how to be in the world without others' insulating them from every hazard. It teaches weakness. I was telling my students (I teach high school science) the other day how my whole little league team used to ride in the coach's pickup truck bed to the twin kiss for ice cream cones whenever you won. They looked at me like I was from another planet. Nowadays you'd have to have twelve waivers signed and notarized, rent an airport limo (it's too dangerous to ride in a pickup truck bed-all the ADHD riddled team would lean over the side and off themselves because they can't tell whether the experience is a video game or real life), have twelve booster seats, and then have a checklist of who on the team is allergic to any of the ingredients in an ice cream cone, or intolerant of lactose, or needs gluten-free ice cream.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by tubesock View Post
    Yea I agree with all you guys about not taking out your anger on the lifeguards doing their jobs. But I think he's more angry at the momentum of societal softening in the wake of all of this over-protective mentality that has developed in the US. We really are becoming a sea of pussies. The gluten comment was hilarious. I want my kids safe, but part of that safety is the wisdom to let them be sometimes to learn how to be in the world without others' insulating them from every hazard. It teaches weakness. I was telling my students (I teach high school science) the other day how my whole little league team used to ride in the coach's pickup truck bed to the twin kiss for ice cream cones whenever you won. They looked at me like I was from another planet. Nowadays you'd have to have twelve waivers signed and notarized, rent an airport limo (it's too dangerous to ride in a pickup truck bed-all the ADHD riddled team would lean over the side and off themselves because they can't tell whether the experience is a video game or real life), have twelve booster seats, and then have a checklist of who on the team is allergic to any of the ingredients in an ice cream cone, or intolerant of lactose, or needs gluten-free ice cream.
    Couldn't agree more, it's called "The Pussification of America". I could go on for hours on this topic.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Used to have surf zones, but not for years now. Now there are designated swimming areas 50 yrds on either side of the lifeguard stand. Pretty much keeps the best breaking areas open for surfing while keeping all the tourons safe in the areas they tend to congregate.
    First of all, let me preface this statement with the fact that if you surf w.b. instead of the surrounding barrier islands, you are a huge kook who deserves a parking ticket because for a little extra effort, most days you can catch head high barrels when Wrightsville is mushy waste high crap. Furthermore, if you do decide to surf W.B. the surf zones are NOT in the "best breaking areas", in my opinion the "swim zones" are. Thirdly, tourists congregate infront of the surf zones because they like to "watch the surfers up close" and usually end up getting hit as a result. Oh well, my fin went through your child face. Sue me, my lawyer is good and I was in a surf zone. I'll counter sue and use your kid's college money to buy a new board.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Couldn't agree more, it's called "The Pussification of America". I could go on for hours on this topic.
    Please refer to the original NOYA thread.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shoting Piers in Honeyton
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    First of all, let me preface this statement with the fact that if you surf w.b. instead of the surrounding barrier islands, you are a huge kook who deserves a parking ticket because for a little extra effort, most days you can catch head high barrels when Wrightsville is mushy waste high crap. Furthermore, if you do decide to surf W.B. the surf zones are NOT in the "best breaking areas", in my opinion the "swim zones" are. Thirdly, tourists congregate infront of the surf zones because they like to "watch the surfers up close" and usually end up getting hit as a result. Oh well, my fin went through your child face. Sue me, my lawyer is good and I was in a surf zone. I'll counter sue and use your kid's college money to buy a new board.
    What a dumbass you are! 1st off there are times WB is breaking as good or better than other areas and if you disagree then you are a moronic kook. Obviously WB has a swell direction/wind/tide scenario that will make it better than Mase or other spots.

    Secondly for a guy who was selling crap on craigslist for money a few weeks ago I highly doubt you got a great lawyer on retainer as you claim.

    I know school is out for the summer Turdvolution but don't kill the last few brain cells you do have left.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    What a dumbass you are! 1st off there are times WB is breaking as good or better than other areas and if you disagree then you are a moronic kook. Obviously WB has a swell direction/wind/tide scenario that will make it better than Mase or other spots.

    Secondly for a guy who was selling crap on craigslist for money a few weeks ago I highly doubt you got a great lawyer on retainer as you claim.

    I know school is out for the summer Turdvolution but don't kill the last few brain cells you do have left.

    Ok bud, have fun surfing the slop at w.b. ill have fun taking my boat and canoe around and catching other spots WAY better than mase, or a couple spots on mase I doubt you have ever been to, because you probably only stick to the cove or first jetty. Furthermore, wb has wind and swell direction that makes it pick up summer time windswell crap that you have to grovel for better than other spots. which may help you if your longboarding, but I'd rather skate than longboard. In conclusion, wb does not have what I"M look for for wind and swell direction unless it's a hurricane sandy scenario (in which case if you were surfing w.b. you missed the best waves of your life at holden inlet)

    Again, this is all just my opinion. like i said, have fun at wb, just watch out for crowds, tourists, and the long arm of parking enforcement reach. ill be sure to put a orange love not under your wiper one of these days