LOGIN | REGISTER

Thumbs up Didn't Get to Surf Today

Was going to go to Mase, didn't work out. I had this 6'6" JS I haven't ridden in over a year with me 'cause I was feeling guilty it was seeing only shed time. So I went to Sweetwater to get some wax (before plans fell through) and took a peek at their used boards for chitts and giggles and saw something I've been wanting to ride for a long time--and it was in the dims I wanted.

Long story short: surfing fell through so I went back to Sweetwater, took the JS out of the truck, brought it in and asked them what they'd give me for it... I walked out with this:

100_1666.jpg100_1669.jpg

5'2" Pier Pony that was custom for some dude named Chris. Not ridden much, but seen some travel time--pretty good repairs on it, though.

A little over $100 out of pocket--STOKED!

I was just about to pull the trigger on ordering a Coil Megamind, but this shape is darned close to the couple I've seen in person. Now I will be ordering something in the Blur or Qualifier flavor. Win--Win!

Oh yeah, I'm going to ride this puppy tomorrow then take off that pad and put something a little more appropriately sized on it.

Anyone got any FCS compatible AM-2 or other larger template fronts in glass or performance core they want to let go of? I don't have anything as large as I think this board is going to need.

That is a sweet board Erock. Can't wait to hear a ride report.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm going to ride this puppy tomorrow then take off that pad and put something a little more appropriately sized on it.

Anyone got any FCS compatible AM-2 or other larger template fronts in glass or performance core they want to let go of? I don't have anything as large as I think this board is going to need.
    Nice shred machine. I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of the pad. I have a friend who when he was a grom 30 years ago had a surfboard with colored spots all over it (It was the early 80's). We still call him Spot.

Images
    Nice find man. I got a Lost Bottom Feeder last spring which is pretty similar to the Pier Pony and it has been my go to board since I moved down here. You're going to love that thing.