LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Rinsing Wetsuits in Shower?

I've always been rinsing my suits in the shower after a surf. I bought an oneill 3/2 last spring and the tape seams on the inside shoulders are already peeling off. Does rinsing it in the shower affect the quality of the suit? Let me know if I'm doing somrthing completely wrong.

Images
    As long as it cold water you're using it doesn't matter where you rinse the suit.

I've always rinsed mine in the shower. Then I hang it from the shower head to dry. Unless you take showers hotter than 100F, I don't think it will hurt them.

Fresh water is an absolute to lengthen the life of a your suit. BUT cool fresh water not hot. If it's too hot you could weaken the glued areas.

just drop it in the toilet bowl and flush. super easy. just don't let go.
    lol.

The shower won't hurt the wetsuit, but the wetsuit will kill your shower. Sand from your suit washes down the drain and builds up in the plumbing.

Might be the hangar, but it's not the shower.

I've always rinsed mine in the shower, at normal shower temp, and haven't noticed any issues.

I recently bought one of these hangers which I like a lot.
    http://thehangpro.com/

Yeah I rinse gear in the shower too, can the sand really mess with the plumbing? My gear seems to last and smell reasonable with the routine fresh water flushes.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    I've always been rinsing my suits in the shower after a surf. I bought an oneill 3/2 last spring and the tape seams on the inside shoulders are already peeling off. Does rinsing it in the shower affect the quality of the suit? Let me know if I'm doing somrthing completely wrong.
    Most of the time I let it soak in the tub then hang it to air dry.Sometimes even stick it in the washer.Haven't had any problems so far.