LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mclovin, quit keeping old Joe from eating. And to be honest...I'm more worried about jellyfish than sharks (got stung twice within an hour of the first sting on sunday) I bumped into a 5ft at cocoa beach and everything is fine. Sharks mostly keep to themselves if there's enough food and you're not near their breakfast. Just watch the water more when you're doing dawn patrol.

Betty, bring a friend, cuts your chances down to 50%.

The 'ol - You don't have to out paddle the shark, just your friend.

Thanks McLovin, dawn patrol SUP and Indirect, nice to hear from the Florida boys that really no need to worry anymore than daylight surfing. The inlet comment makes sense. I can't wait to surf at dawn. Antoine, I think you know my girl who will def be up for this she is a wild woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Thanks McLovin, dawn patrol SUP and Indirect, nice to hear from the Florida boys that really no need to worry anymore than daylight surfing. The inlet comment makes sense. I can't wait to surf at dawn. Antoine, I think you know my girl who will def be up for this she is a wild woman!
    I hope you can convince the rest of the betties to go with you. Getting my teeth cleaned on Wednesday and i'll talk to another one of the betties just to see if I can convince the sponger to go!

Yeah but you should see her on that sponge. She charged up a 7' wave, took the drop, did a 360, it was a thing of beauty and took my breath away!

be more concerned aboot getting caught in a school of blues...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Well considering dawn patrol is a fairly regular thing and shark bites are still less likely that getting in a wreck driving to the beach and getting hit by lightning in the parking lot and winning the lottery I would say yeah it is worth the risk.
    exactly. an abundance of hand-wringing threads about sharks lately, but this is what it comes down to: a shark attack is a statistically insignificant risk. i'm too lazy to google it, but i'd bet it's comparable to the odds of getting struck by lightening on a golf course. if these kind of odds bother you, take up bowling.