LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i think you would be out of your mind to kayak to some of these islands. I took a trip out to wachapregue to surf. And I did it on a hurricane swell where the rest of OC was getting 6FT + groundswell.

It took about 15-20 minute boat ride with outboard motor. Went through the wach. inlet to explore the outer shoal. This shoal you would think would have potential. If you look from the island its about 1/4 of a mile out and all you see is this big sandy stretch usually with boats anchored on the backside and people walking over and fishing. its pretty amazing but there wasn't even more than a 2 foot wave.

the same thing could be said for the island itself. it wasn't breaking. saw a couple houses with surf boards but that was about it. honestly i think its hit or miss down there. who knows. those islands have the feel of assateague style wave so I really think its hit or miss. I checked it on the perfect swell, offshore winds, SE groundswell at 6foot OC. ended up missing a good day of waves where I could have been at bethany. Not worth it to me anymore.

thank you for the kayak idea... not for hog island, but for fishermans, you could make the paddle in 10 min and not feel like shark bait... and as for a boat, yes i have one, hahha and a captin that will go anywhere as long as we are stocked with beer and food. If you ever see a good oppourtunity to go u should post it up on here a few days before hand, cause all its really gonna take is motivation here on my part. im down though, oh ya and i heard fishermans is breaking right now, hahaha grab that kayak!!!

Images
    im stoked on the idea of this spot now. im textin this reply from my phone were on the way to the wedge right now. yeah if i can see a good swell for us id def like to organize someting. and as for beer and whatever else we may need...i got that covered. ill try and drop you and email when i get bak to my laptop....

Fi

Ru guys talkin about the beach break on FI betwwen the two bay bridge tunnel roads. I lookin at it on google earth and it looks like theirs a break their. is that where u guys are talkin about.

3 times ive seen fisherman's island absolutely FIRING when driving across the bridge. like un****ingbelievable good WTF car accident good. once was breaking right between the bridges, the other 2 times was just east of the northbound lane.

I never wanted to deal with getting arrested so i never did made the journey, but alot of my family lives in vah beach and my cousin just got a badass boat, so i think i can convince him to go sample it a cpl times.

sick to know you guys have caught it good!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    if u want a world class point break in the bay though all u gotta do is go to the hovercraft ramp at fort story.. kirra like pointbreak right after hurricanes with south winds being offshore,, and u can see that there is a cloudbreak like a mile out there that has to be just massive..
    ive heard about that and checked that spot out a bunch of times, it even looks good on google earth, but never seen it break worth a damn? What swell direction and period did you see it working on? thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by capetownsurfer View Post
    heard crazy stories of wierd stuff going on on those uninhabited islands down their.
    what stories?? I am just curious

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    I heard that wes lane is the guy to talk to about fishermans island does anyone know how to contact him?
    I heard that too. Dunno how to contact him, tho

Welcome to the eastern shore... these legends and tales been natted around for decades. Go get a boat and explore, barrier islands= shifting sands and inlets... POSERS!

dude, ill tell u what, wes laine is not the guy to talk to. He is the owner of WRV, and honestly if you asked him about how to get to fishermans island he would look at you and laugh. But seriously folks, i just told u everything u need to know about fishermans island, even how to get there without a boat, now if thats not all the information you need, i dont know what is. im sure wes never even knew that one, cause i know for a fact he puts his boat on a trailer and drives it to the eastern shore and then puts it out in a marina up there. Thats one way of doing it, but really, i prefer my way more
    Last edited by BonerSurfs; May 15, 2008 at 11:43 AM.