LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weak spot

Images

Weak spot

What is ur weak spot?
    When I get exhausted and worn out either from too much exercise or work or both my throat just under my Adam's apple hurts and I find it hard to talk a lot and my attitude changes. I don't even wan to surf when this happens which I enjoy more than anything.
    I find we all have a weak area that tends to go first when life is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by eppeldaa View Post
    What is ur weak spot?
    When I get exhausted and worn out either from too much exercise or work or both my throat just under my Adam's apple hurts and I find it hard to talk a lot and my attitude changes. I don't even wan to surf when this happens which I enjoy more than anything.
    I find we all have a weak area that tends to go first when life is too much.
    You should get your thyroid checked out.

EDIT: I have a week spot for beer and cheeseburgers.

X2 on getting your thyroid checked man.

Personally, I get a little shaky and my knees tend to buckle easily when I seriously over-do it. My forehead sweats easily when I'm like that too. It has nothing to do with having eaten or being hungry either.

Calf cramps are the first to hit when I'm getting exhausted and start over-doing it. Then back pain... which will sometimes force me out of the water.

The next day, my bad shoulder joint hurts. Do they do shoulder replacement?

I got bad joints, so i fix them with good joints.

vodka and cranberry

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Calf cramps are the first to hit when I'm getting exhausted and start over-doing it. Then back pain... which will sometimes force me out of the water.

The next day, my bad shoulder joint hurts. Do they do shoulder replacement?
    I find a steady diet of bananas and/or coconut water help with the calf cramps. The potassium helps with the muscle cramps. If I anticipate a long session coming up, I load up. Don't know what's worse, the fact that I know this, or that I am sharing it. Getting old is fun isn't it?

Noodle arms. Then again I'm only 18 so I don't have any bad anything yet, just paddle until I can't paddle anymore.

Calf cramps sometimes for sure...also I get random hip cramps sometimes while sitting on the board that are like debilitating. Usually have to float on the back for 30 seconds or so to stretch it back out,

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    Calf cramps sometimes for sure...also I get random hip cramps sometimes while sitting on the board that are like debilitating. Usually have to float on the back for 30 seconds or so to stretch it back out,
    yup, i get that hip cramp thing...can get scary on a big day cos it feels like your body is locking up on you in a potentially critical situation

otherwise, fatigue hits me in subtle ways...i'm a little slower getting up which (best case) results in not being well-positioned for the bottom turn or (worst case) i eat it. the ensuing beating then accelerates the fatigue, and the law of diminishing returns kicks in, where i have to put out more effort to get less waves. i know now to recognize the signs (generally after 2-3 hours) and take a break.