LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 173
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,272
    Thank you everybody for the responses and keeping on topic. I now know what I gotta do, I had an idea before but wanted to see if what I'm wanting to do is selfish and too risky or if it's worth everything it would take to make it happen. It won't be tomorrow or anything but the process is underway. Any other suggestions regarding jobs, relocating, etc. are welcomed.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Man, you really have a way with words (no joke), we all busted your balls in the beginning but I respect what you have to say when you put it like this. All good stuff, nothing I didn't know before (I've read lots of success books) but I tend to lose sight of these things when it's my own situation and someone elses. Thanks for the reminder!
    It's all good, brah. Like I said back then, people often criticize what they don't understand. Then we use snap judgments to use the forms of our mental constructs so we can understand that which is different to us. I'm a strange, supernatural mutant of a creature so I'm used to the looks and comments. I often laugh at myself because a couple of the best friends I've ever had were people that on first glance I thought "man, what an idiot." I find that I criticize that which I'm either pissed is a projection of something in myself, or something that I wish I was.

    The introspective reading is very good. I could give you several titles that have been difference makers for me. In the end, it's all repetitive affirmations. Nothing we ever need to know is that complex, we just tend to forget to remember it!

    Tons of good statements and frames of mind on this thread. Props to you for putting yourself out there on the pedestal for honest feedback that everyone seems to be giving in the right ways.

    A couple of things that resonate with me that I've heard so far:
    - Family. It's always first. Without them we are nothing.
    - The good wife. If you got one, and she is the right one, she is your strength. It's a team decision from that point. If you don't have one, don't fill the void with the wrong one, because the one you want is waiting for you to become strong enough for her.
    - Wherever you go, there you are. People migrate to what they need. Sometimes we have no clue that we arrived at the destination we've been dying to get to. It just sometimes looks completely different than what we envisioned. Don't let that filet mignon go bad while you sit there pining away for that 80% lean burger.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    That's a tough one. Here's what I did
    I'm sure u got busy with work, but was curious what you were going to post...

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    I haven't read all of these responses so just keep that in mind.....if I repeat or whatever.......

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side........

    Sometimes people who live inland actually surf more than those at the coast. If you make the drive, you are going out no matter what, right?

    Sometimes the closer you are to the beach the more excuses you make......ahhh I'll wait till the tide drops.....ahhh I'll wait until the winds slack........ahhhh I'll hit it first thing tomorrow.....Ironically since it's always right there some might tend to get lazy.......maybe.......after awhile........and actually surf less. After a year or two being in a new coastal locale you might have to change your moniker to, "Dusk Patrol SUP" or "Tomorrow Patrol SUP." Oh, it happens. I lived a half-block from that ocean in North Carolina. I never surfed less. Maybe that was the booze. I don't know......

    The drives are a hassle? Don't you always got a lid? A two finger lid?? Three? Driving is swell when you got a lid.

    Hey, I'm not being cocky, I'm serious here: Are you really going to weigh the advice from Swellinfo dudes? If so, you Swellinfo guys should be honored.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I haven't read all of these responses so just keep that in mind.....if I repeat or whatever.......

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side........

    Sometimes people who live inland actually surf more than those at the coast. If you make the drive, you are going out no matter what, right?

    Sometimes the closer you are to the beach the more excuses you make......ahhh I'll wait till the tide drops.....ahhh I'll wait until the winds slack........ahhhh I'll hit it first thing tomorrow.....Ironically since it's always right there some might tend to get lazy.......maybe.......after awhile........and actually surf less. After a year or two being in a new coastal locale you might have to change your moniker to, "Dusk Patrol SUP" or "Tomorrow Patrol SUP." Oh, it happens. I lived a half-block from that ocean in North Carolina. I never surfed less. Maybe that was the booze. I don't know......

    The drives are a hassle? Don't you always got a lid? A two finger lid?? Three? Driving is swell when you got a lid.

    Hey, I'm not being cocky, I'm serious here: Are you really going to weigh the advice from Swellinfo dudes? If so, you Swellinfo guys should be honored.
    I would say I surf 1000% more now that I live on the coast. Most can't afford to live right on the beach, so there still is a drive and a commitment. I am only 10 min away, but I will be surfing if I drive down to the beach. Maybe I am just different.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I haven't read all of these responses so just keep that in mind.....if I repeat or whatever.......

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side........

    Sometimes people who live inland actually surf more than those at the coast. If you make the drive, you are going out no matter what, right?

    Sometimes the closer you are to the beach the more excuses you make......ahhh I'll wait till the tide drops.....ahhh I'll wait until the winds slack........ahhhh I'll hit it first thing tomorrow.....Ironically since it's always right there some might tend to get lazy.......maybe.......after awhile........and actually surf less. After a year or two being in a new coastal locale you might have to change your moniker to, "Dusk Patrol SUP" or "Tomorrow Patrol SUP." Oh, it happens. I lived a half-block from that ocean in North Carolina. I never surfed less. Maybe that was the booze. I don't know......

    The drives are a hassle? Don't you always got a lid? A two finger lid?? Three? Driving is swell when you got a lid.

    Hey, I'm not being cocky, I'm serious here: Are you really going to weigh the advice from Swellinfo dudes? If so, you Swellinfo guys should be honored.
    I hear ya, and although I get your point, I really doubt I would become that guy, surfing means too much to me, I hope you are wrong on that one, although I do believe there are plenty of examples of this happening, so I understand where you are coming from. Are the drives a hassle? Some days yes, others not so much, I always travel prepared though. Instead of waking up at 4am to be there in time for DP I could just sleep in till 6:30-7 and head over. I would keep my screename though, just something about sunrise that is spiritual, can't beat it. As for asking these guys for advise, it's like anything else, just want to hear different opinions to get some perspective.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jun 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'm sure u got busy with work, but was curious what you were going to post...
    Yeah, brah. What a cliffhanger. I got confidence in Gaff that the kicker will be a firm life lesson.

    Back to the originally scheduled programming. Just wanted to second the elephant in the room.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Yeah, brah. What a cliffhanger. I got confidence in Gaff that the kicker will be a firm life lesson.

    Back to the originally scheduled programming. Just wanted to second the elephant in the room.
    Upon further review, I think he left and went to the meeting to save Tresles

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Upon further review, I think he left and went to the meeting to save Tresles
    Hmmm...I think we have an idea for a new pop culture t-shirt.

  10. #50
    No kids? DO IT. Kids, then stay close to parents or your support system. Kids - I love them, but it can get tough.