Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 236
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    "We"....ahhh solidarity with the swellinfo community. Bravo. Wow, now you're even sucking up to MFitz.

    "Nobody is forcing you to read and react to anything we post here." Really, you went with that? Man, that's terrible.

    Hey SUP, I wasn't being insultive to you. I wasn't being confrontational. I was talking aboot life......the way I see it. And you got to get all defensive and start the insults. Shoot, my views on life weren't directed specifically at you anyways.

    Oh MFitz, good jab. Such a good jab no one even knows who you are jabbing at.
    Look, your entitled to your opinion just like anybody else, but you always seem to make every thread about you, this isn't an insult, just a fact. Just relax, this was a good thread, while it lasted...

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,226
    Quote Originally Posted by skulldog View Post
    Hey man I think you have to do it now. If you don't I think you will probably look back with regret. Don't rush though things will work out if you take your time. I've found that if i want my lady on board with something you have to start slow and plant a seed. It didn't take long for her to realize I'm a nicer person (less of a d___head) when I surf and I was MIA whenever a swell hit and she was stuck home with the kin. One day she asked if I wanted to look at houses near the water and that was it.

    BTW I am a happy family guy and wouldn't change a thing but PJB is dropping some jewels on you son. His insight @ simplifying your life, eliminating what you want vs what you need, and realizing most of what we worry for is straight b.s.. good stuff dude! Its pretty scary how much of your recent stuff I've agreed with.
    Sooner rather than later for sure, my wife and I had a talk just today so were going to figure this thing out, set a plan and work the plan.

  3. #93
    SUPper it's all good, this thread can stay on track. In a community of typical dysfunction this thread is very high-functioning.

    PB&J, you know you're my boy now that we've choked it out and cleared space in the garage for karate and so many other activities. Gotta say though that the SUPmeister needs to be given a break here as he's humbly coming to this tree of trust in a statement to the members that he values their opinions. Freud has some gems and is a keeper but let's not forget the teachings of Carl "Forever" Jung just because of his schism with his mentor Sigmund. I, personally, think its preposterous that Jung disagreed that we are all driven by the nookie, but he's on point with a lot of other things. I think you're taking a perspective on SUPster's plight here similar to what Schopenhaeur would and perhaps Nietzsche would tell him to enact his master morality. Whether or not SUPsmcgee is Oedipal to the core, his lady girl is way Electra. You know this. And if the canine in question is a Hiltonesque 20 pounds or less, it gets no voice. Lucky to be spared its life at that paltry weight. Now a pit/husky/mastif mongrel, I want to hear what that beast's got to say.

    All Greek aside, I think it's a good thing to come on here and ask meaning of life questions. After all, we ask each other what board to ride and that's a certain matter of life and death. Family loves us, but even they have hidden agendas for what they want our choices to be. We are all bound by a common thread or two of what we love and this sport () has a lot more influence on who we are and what we share than sportsmen in other sports (badminton, quidditch, baseball, etc.). Honestly, you're getting third-party, relatively unbiased advice from people with all different helpful perspectives and backgrounds including those that refer to themselves as third-parties (Gruvi). If you think otherwise, go ask family and friends or anyone else dependent or connected to your life and see their lens of opinion guided by how your choice will affect them. CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

    Now, the ideal broad to be asking to pack up and move to the coast is Hindu and large but if you roll with her, there's a good chance she's already turned the evolutionary tables and dragged you by your mullet to the beach herself, giving you the ultimatum that if the next 23-footer isn't shredded without fail then that's the end of you.

    SUPs.com - sounds like you've carefully considered the variety of thoughtful perspectives you've been given here and started proper communication with your teammate, who happens to be on board or at least open to discussing what's best for the team. Keep it up. Now ditch the raft and start shredding like NJ on a thruster
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Jun 21, 2013 at 06:24 AM.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,226
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Honestly, you're getting third-party, relatively unbiased advice from people with all different helpful perspectives and backgrounds including those that refer to themselves as third-parties (Gruvi). If you think otherwise, go ask family and friends or anyone else dependent or connected to your life and see their lens of opinion guided by how your choice will affect them. CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
    That's exactly it

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,226
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Now ditch the raft and start shredding like NJ on a thruster
    Like this one?DSC00998.jpg

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Like this one?DSC00998.jpg
    A resounding "Yes". That is sex on waves.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,226
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    A resounding "Yes". That is sex on waves.
    That's the new addition to my family, was born on 4/6/13

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    902
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I pray for these pieces to fall into place, but it's going to take a bit more than praying, wishing, and wanting, it's going to take a huge effort.

    if you are going to do it now is the time. 1- stay debt free, 2- save some $s, 3-find the job, 4- make the move/learn the area and 5-buy the house.
    There's been some good thought already and I can only refine and share from my experience. First, I've found that enlisting and trusting in divine providence is an important factor, and has worked for me. Rightly said by you, "but it's going to take a bit more than praying, wishing, and wanting, it's going to take a huge effort." I think what is critical is establishing your work situation. I don't know what field your in, or what career path you envision, but it's never a bad idea to continue to develop and embellish your skill set. Along the way, even though I have a degree, I've taken some courses at the local community college or online to open more doors for employment. If you could get a "remote" work situation, that is would be sweet, but is does take discipline.It even says in the good book "Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house", so establishing your means or provision in the place you will dwell is a priority. So, hopefully you can establish a strategy and plan to move forward to your goals. It's always good to think about what you'd like to be doing in 5 years, 10 years, etc. If you don't, you know the saying "Aim at nothing, you'll be sure to hit it."

    I also think that you have a great value and priority in maintaining consensus with your beloved. When the "two became one flesh", that was also a special knitting of mind and spirit, and endeavoring to maintain that unity, although it can be a challenge at times, has great reward. Likewise, if you have good family ties, which it sounds like you do, they too are important to consider and maintain, as they are special.

    I had a situation earlier in my life where I had to pick up and move, and it required "letting go of some comforts" and was very challenging, but often doing the right thing is initially the hard thing, and many things did not "add up on paper", but ultimately it worked out. Looking back on the journey, all I can say is "wow" and I would have never imagined how things have worked out, and I know that grace was upon me. The important thing is that I had to make sure my heart and motivations were pure and undivided before I moved forward. I suppose a surfing metaphor might apply such as, "being all in before taking challenging drop." You will figure it out because you are humbly asking the right questions and "searching out the matter", which is wise.

    All the best and keep moving forward in Aloha!
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Jun 21, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,226
    Got a few to choose from actually, the new one i just showed you is a 6'4" Coil Flashback Fish custom shaped by Mike Daniel, the blue one is a 6'10" WRV FunFish (also shaped by Mike Daniel), and then there's the 8'1" McTavish 8 Ball which was setup as a thruster but I recently switched to a single fin, I like it much better now. The SUP is actually my least used surf craft (not pictured) but it's fun to mess around on when the conditions permit.

    DSC01016.jpg
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jun 21, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,226
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    There's been some good thought already and I can only refine and share from my experience. First, I've found that enlisting and trusting in divine providence is an important factor, and has worked for me. Rightly said by you, "but it's going to take a bit more than praying, wishing, and wanting, it's going to take a huge effort." I think what is critical is establishing your work situation. I don't know what field your in, or what career path you envision, but it's never a bad idea to continue to develop and embellish your skill set. Along the way, even though I have a degree, I've taken some courses at the local community college or online to open more doors for employment. If you could get a "remote" work situation, that is would be sweet, but is does take discipline.It even says in the good book "Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house", so establishing your means or provision in the place you will dwell is a priority. So, hopefully you can establish a strategy and plan to move forward to your goals. It's always good to think about what you'd like to be doing in 5 years, 10 years, etc. If you don't, you know the saying "Aim at nothing, you'll be sure to hit it."

    I also think that you have a great value and priority in maintaining consensus with your beloved. When the "two became one flesh", that was also a special knitting of mind and spirit, and endeavoring to maintain that unity, although it can be a challenge at times, has great reward. Likewise, if you have good family ties, which it sounds like you do, they too are important to consider and maintain, as they are special.

    I had a situation earlier in my life where I had to pick up and move, and it required "letting go of some comforts" and was very challenging, but often doing the right thing is initially the hard thing, and many things did not "add up on paper", but ultimately it worked out. Looking back on the journey, all I can say is "wow" and I would have never imagined how things have worked out, and I know that grace was upon me. The important thing is that I had to make sure my heart and motivations were pure and undivided before I moved forward. I suppose a surfing metaphor might apply such as, "being all in before taking challenging drop." You will figure it out because you are humbly asking the right questions and "searching out the matter", which is wise.

    All the best and keep moving forward in Aloha!
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful post, I really appreciate it. You pretty much hit the nail on the head, and all the encouragement from everybody has been great, it's motivating me for sure. Today I started mapping out the areas so we can start to narrow it down to a few landing spots that work for both of us.