LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I pray for these pieces to fall into place, but it's going to take a bit more than praying, wishing, and wanting, it's going to take a huge effort.

if you are going to do it now is the time. 1- stay debt free, 2- save some $s, 3-find the job, 4- make the move/learn the area and 5-buy the house.
    There's been some good thought already and I can only refine and share from my experience. First, I've found that enlisting and trusting in divine providence is an important factor, and has worked for me. Rightly said by you, "but it's going to take a bit more than praying, wishing, and wanting, it's going to take a huge effort." I think what is critical is establishing your work situation. I don't know what field your in, or what career path you envision, but it's never a bad idea to continue to develop and embellish your skill set. Along the way, even though I have a degree, I've taken some courses at the local community college or online to open more doors for employment. If you could get a "remote" work situation, that is would be sweet, but is does take discipline.It even says in the good book "Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house", so establishing your means or provision in the place you will dwell is a priority. So, hopefully you can establish a strategy and plan to move forward to your goals. It's always good to think about what you'd like to be doing in 5 years, 10 years, etc. If you don't, you know the saying "Aim at nothing, you'll be sure to hit it."

I also think that you have a great value and priority in maintaining consensus with your beloved. When the "two became one flesh", that was also a special knitting of mind and spirit, and endeavoring to maintain that unity, although it can be a challenge at times, has great reward. Likewise, if you have good family ties, which it sounds like you do, they too are important to consider and maintain, as they are special.

I had a situation earlier in my life where I had to pick up and move, and it required "letting go of some comforts" and was very challenging, but often doing the right thing is initially the hard thing, and many things did not "add up on paper", but ultimately it worked out. Looking back on the journey, all I can say is "wow" and I would have never imagined how things have worked out, and I know that grace was upon me. The important thing is that I had to make sure my heart and motivations were pure and undivided before I moved forward. I suppose a surfing metaphor might apply such as, "being all in before taking challenging drop." You will figure it out because you are humbly asking the right questions and "searching out the matter", which is wise.

All the best and keep moving forward in Aloha!
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Jun 21, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

Got a few to choose from actually, the new one i just showed you is a 6'4" Coil Flashback Fish custom shaped by Mike Daniel, the blue one is a 6'10" WRV FunFish (also shaped by Mike Daniel), and then there's the 8'1" McTavish 8 Ball which was setup as a thruster but I recently switched to a single fin, I like it much better now. The SUP is actually my least used surf craft (not pictured) but it's fun to mess around on when the conditions permit.

DSC01016.jpg
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jun 21, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    There's been some good thought already and I can only refine and share from my experience. First, I've found that enlisting and trusting in divine providence is an important factor, and has worked for me. Rightly said by you, "but it's going to take a bit more than praying, wishing, and wanting, it's going to take a huge effort." I think what is critical is establishing your work situation. I don't know what field your in, or what career path you envision, but it's never a bad idea to continue to develop and embellish your skill set. Along the way, even though I have a degree, I've taken some courses at the local community college or online to open more doors for employment. If you could get a "remote" work situation, that is would be sweet, but is does take discipline.It even says in the good book "Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house", so establishing your means or provision in the place you will dwell is a priority. So, hopefully you can establish a strategy and plan to move forward to your goals. It's always good to think about what you'd like to be doing in 5 years, 10 years, etc. If you don't, you know the saying "Aim at nothing, you'll be sure to hit it."

I also think that you have a great value and priority in maintaining consensus with your beloved. When the "two became one flesh", that was also a special knitting of mind and spirit, and endeavoring to maintain that unity, although it can be a challenge at times, has great reward. Likewise, if you have good family ties, which it sounds like you do, they too are important to consider and maintain, as they are special.

I had a situation earlier in my life where I had to pick up and move, and it required "letting go of some comforts" and was very challenging, but often doing the right thing is initially the hard thing, and many things did not "add up on paper", but ultimately it worked out. Looking back on the journey, all I can say is "wow" and I would have never imagined how things have worked out, and I know that grace was upon me. The important thing is that I had to make sure my heart and motivations were pure and undivided before I moved forward. I suppose a surfing metaphor might apply such as, "being all in before taking challenging drop." You will figure it out because you are humbly asking the right questions and "searching out the matter", which is wise.

All the best and keep moving forward in Aloha!
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful post, I really appreciate it. You pretty much hit the nail on the head, and all the encouragement from everybody has been great, it's motivating me for sure. Today I started mapping out the areas so we can start to narrow it down to a few landing spots that work for both of us.

Images
    Look, your entitled to your opinion just like anybody else, but you always seem to make every thread about you, this isn't an insult, just a fact. Just relax, this was a good thread, while it lasted...
    How do I make "every" thread aboot me? Don't frigggin say bs stuff, cracker. I'm never on more than three threads at a time. And how do I make it aboot myself? How am I different than you? You have never seen a thread started by me axing advice aboot a major decision. Really that insinuation is pure nonsense. Absolute BS. NOT A FACT.........show examples and make sure you don't do the same stuff too.

I am totally relaxed. I don't take this stuff as seriously as some do. You're the one getting all defensive. You started the insults. And you started stuff by taking things out of context. You go on aboot isolation, how my life isn't what I wanted and stuff, yet I never said you had to be isolated in Northern California.........I said you could hang out with loggers and hippy chicks. Oh, by the way, I never had any visions of my life when I was younger so, there is no disappointment.

I'll wait for the examples of how I make every thread aboot myself. And don't use things where I'm obviously messing around. And then, after you find all of the examples, go and look at all of your posts. You might want to rethink this whole thing.

Here's the real deal: YOU can talk smack to people, YOU can be a wise-ass. YOU can start threads about YOURSELF. But I guess others can't especially if they don't agree or support you or your opinions. Jesus man, I don't even start threads anymore.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Ooh ooooh I have a question, I have a question.

What's a word that rhymes with vagina? I'm having a hard time with that one.
    Designer......especially if you say, " Design-na." Same holds true with words like "decline." Or you could say "decline her"

It's close enough.

Chick said she was a top designah
    Thought she was cool with her vagina
    But she gots HIV so I had to declined her

Opps, I made this post aboot me, once again.....

Images
    DPS,

Your welcome. You've gave me some good SUS + Carver tips last November, which I'm pleased to report have been "implemented", and now that I'm "feeling it" are working great. The "maneuverability" I've been able to attain has allowed me to make more sections and taken my sessions to new heights. So thanks to you for the encouragement and the others on SI, and in my local lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    How do I make "every" thread aboot me? Don't frigggin say bs stuff, cracker. I'm never on more than three threads at a time. And how do I make it aboot myself? How am I different than you? You have never seen a thread started by me axing advice aboot a major decision. Really that insinuation is pure nonsense. Absolute BS. NOT A FACT.........show examples and make sure you don't do the same stuff too.

I am totally relaxed. I don't take this stuff as seriously as some do. You're the one getting all defensive. You started the insults. And you started stuff by taking things out of context. You go on aboot isolation, how my life isn't what I wanted and stuff, yet I never said you had to be isolated in Northern California.........I said you could hang out with loggers and hippy chicks. Oh, by the way, I never had any visions of my life when I was younger so, there is no disappointment.

I'll wait for the examples of how I make every thread aboot myself. And don't use things where I'm obviously messing around. And then, after you find all of the examples, go and look at all of your posts. You might want to rethink this whole thing.

Here's the real deal: YOU can talk smack to people, YOU can be a wise-ass. YOU can start threads about YOURSELF. But I guess others can't especially if they don't agree or support you or your opinions. Jesus man, I don't even start threads anymore.
    If I give you money from my wallet will you leave me alone?

Images
    Oh, and one last thing SUP, that statement - that I make everything aboot myself - is just completely absurd. All of these people on this thread aren't here merely to help you, they are contributing here because they are given a platform to talk aboot THEMSELVES. Everybody has to give their experiences with changing locations. So you go scold them for talking aboot themselves.

And what did I do so wrong, SUP. I gave you a little fantasy scenario aboot Northern California and threw in some of my views aboot humanity. It wasn't insulting YOU. So why did this have to lead up to a b!tch fest? Why do you get offended because I say human relationships usually turn south? Why do you get uspet because I speak of semi-isolation in a redwood forrest? That wasn't a personal attack on you. This is, actually, really stupid.

Seems like someone thinks everything is aboot them. If you are getting upset at general opinions aboot people and life, then obviously you are making everything aboot you.

Good day, sir. Hey, get some work done and stop spending all of your work day on here. Or I'll fire you. Oh, if you move, you might have to get your urine inspected for a new job. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    DPS,

Your welcome. You've gave me some good SUS + Carver tips last November, which I'm pleased to report have been "implemented", and now that I'm "feeling it" are working great. The "maneuverability" I've been able to attain has allowed me to make more sections and taken my sessions to new heights. So thanks to you for the encouragement and the others on SI, and in my local lineup.
    Anytime Capecodcdog, that's what this forum is all about, glad you are having more fun out there

Images
    If I give you money from my wallet will you leave me alone?
    Ahh you're in luck, I have a special today.

$19.95 and I'll leave you alone for two months.

Hey try complaining aboot me to the powers that be. Or you could hit that "ignore" thing. Hey, you started this stuff, muchacho.