LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    I thought you left already. What are you still doing here? Move dude, just do it! Emass, you're a trippy dude, sounds like a killer party.

Man..this paraphrasing was amazing ..lol ..Best movie ever!! I saw it 8 times ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
    I'm going to guess that you are still young (I think I remember seeing you were in your early 30s) and it doesn't sound like you have kids and you don't own a house. I would do it man. You don't have many roots down besides family and honestly, I like to keep my distance from them although free childcare is pretty nice. We moved to Wilmington a couple years ago and surfing was the furthest thing from my mind, but now I totally appreciate being a 15 minute drive to the beach, but still think "what if we were closer, that would be awesome". Maybe someday, after the kids are growed up we'll get a place on topsail or CB.

And I'm paraphrasing Braveheart but "And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to live near the beach and tell your families that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR SURFING! "
    Man..this paraphrasing was amazing ..lol ..Best movie ever!! I saw it 8 times..

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    I thought you left already. What are you still doing here? Move dude, just do it! Emass, you're a trippy dude, sounds like a killer party.
    In due time my friend, in due time...

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    It was legendary. 3 days. Surfed dawn patrol on no sleep to take advantage of the swell then got back to the crib to host the friends and family. It was harmless and controlled anarchy. Went off without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by delsogino View Post
    Man..this paraphrasing was amazing ..lol ..Best movie ever!! I saw it 8 times..
    I've watched it 8 times consecutive. Probably into 3 digits all-time. Film to live by. Watching it with my father and brother we recite the lines throughout as if it were prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Since my last post we've started looking at houses in Melbourne, an area we are both happy with. We're leaving tomorrow night and spending the next 5 days over there surfing and exploring the neighborhoods and getting a better idea of where we want to move. We've decided to 1st start with asking our company if we can work remote / from home. If that doesn't work out then we'll find new jobs, but there are people in our company who already work remote and did so after working full-time in the office, so why not us? We let half of the family know what our plans are and everybody seems happy for us, so that's good. We set a move date of no later than Feb 28th, just after we get taxes back, but can happen beforehand if everything falls into place quicker than we expect. So far, that's where we're at, it's just a matter of finding the right house and working out the work from home details. To be continued...
    That's good proactive planning. Any good goal is achieved through a well-mapped plan.

Today is a BIG day, wish us luck!

8. Good Luck DPSUP!! hope it all plays out for y'all

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydon'tsurf View Post
    Good Luck DPSUP!! hope it all plays out for y'all
    Thanks dude, btw I tried responding to your PM a while back but it said you didn't have an account or something strange.

just go,you wont be second guessing your life in 10 years.pursue your dreams.