LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 173
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    bethany beach
    Posts
    183
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I like this plan.
    This is good advice. Also, if you think there is a chance you ill move to the beach in the future, DON'T buy a house where you are. I was lucky enough to get a great job near the beach, but I still have my house that is 2 hours away. Luckily its rented out, but I still have to worry with it.

    It took me several years to find the right job near the beach, so don't get discouraged.
    And look at all the variables with family close... if your family isn't there, who is going to watch the kids (assuming you have them later) while you surf in the future? A lesson I learned the hard way is that family and close relationships are more important than waves...

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Oh, sorry to change the focus of this thread. I will leave you to contemplate the advice of complete, anonymous, internet strangers, concerning major life decisions.

    Swellinfo community participation threads - You can't go wrong.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Oh, sorry to change the focus of this thread. I will leave you to contemplate the advice of complete, anonymous, internet strangers, concerning major life decisions.

    Swellinfo community participation threads - You can't go wrong.
    this is spot on.... exactly the same when we have to be force fed all those kooky conspiracy theories here by the anonymous tinfoil hat wearing crowd.

  4. #74
    Rob a bank or two to finance the endless summer....

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Oh, sorry to change the focus of this thread. I will leave you to contemplate the advice of complete, anonymous, internet strangers, concerning major life decisions.

    Swellinfo community participation threads - You can't go wrong.
    Feel free to skip over this thread PJB, nobody is forcing you to read and react to anything we post here.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    this is spot on.... exactly the same when we have to be force fed all those kooky conspiracy theories here by the anonymous tinfoil hat wearing crowd.
    I disagree Fitz, see this actually involves surfing and the lifestyle of a surfer, and how to achieve said lifestyle. Tinfoil hat wearing threads have absolutely nothing to do with surfing at all, not even a bit. It may seem trivial to someone who already lives on the coast and is "living the dream" but to someone like myself it makes a lot of sense to comtemplate these things, and getting the opinions of those who are either in a similar situation or someone who has achieved what it is i'm looking for seems helpful.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    This is good advice. Also, if you think there is a chance you ill move to the beach in the future, DON'T buy a house where you are. I was lucky enough to get a great job near the beach, but I still have my house that is 2 hours away. Luckily its rented out, but I still have to worry with it.

    It took me several years to find the right job near the beach, so don't get discouraged.
    And look at all the variables with family close... if your family isn't there, who is going to watch the kids (assuming you have them later) while you surf in the future? A lesson I learned the hard way is that family and close relationships are more important than waves...
    Thanks for the response Del, i'll keep that in mind for sure.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I disagree Fitz, see this actually involves surfing and the lifestyle of a surfer, and how to achieve said lifestyle. Tinfoil hat wearing threads have absolutely nothing to do with surfing at all, not even a bit. It may seem trivial to someone who already lives on the coast and is "living the dream" but to someone like myself it makes a lot of sense to comtemplate these things, and getting the opinions of those who are either in a similar situation or someone who has achieved what it is i'm looking for seems helpful.
    No, DPS, you got me wrong... I was taking a jab at PJB... I think asking for input on location advice/surfing life is appropriate for the forum. I mean only you can make the call on this, but sharing experiences is helpful.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    No, DPS, you got me wrong... I was taking a jab at PJB... I think asking for input on location advice/surfing life is appropriate for the forum. I mean only you can make the call on this, but sharing experiences is helpful.
    Oh my bad dude, damn interwebs, as you were my friend....

  10. #80
    My 2 cents. Do it. If you plan to have kids, check out the school districts in the areas you look to make sure their ecceptable in case you plant permanent roots there. It's easy to overlook that when you don't have the kiddies to worry about yet....but you never know when their gonna come :-)

    I live near my now aging family (parents/inlaws) and I'm 1hr from the beach....but for a time I lived close enough to hear sets from my bedroom when it was head high or better. I'm happy where I am now, but I'm not sure I would be had I not lived at the beach when it was feasible.

    I don't yearn to live at the beach at this point, but it was a damn good experience for me....