LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who has the right of way in a contest, competitors or locals?

Here is video of a collision at Ventura Point, Cali. Who has the right of way?

First guy up. He had the peak and was up first and riding. Other guy dropped in on him. No question.

Agree with Sloop. This isn't even close to questionable. If this is a heat, and the contest area had been "cleared",(usually voluntarily), then this could change how it is viewed; however, in 99.99999% of cases, this is blatant, and asking to get schooled. More than one of these, at almost any break, will get you a talking to. Do it again after that, and the smart money bets that you get run off.

First, you won't find me at no contest. The kook dropped in. The rules are the rules. Now go shred!

Yeah 1st guy's wave no doubt! Go back to the valley kook, goons trying to drop in!

What? How can you even ask that question?

Oh I see first post and a retarded one at that.

Funny, people defending the self-important jerkoff who can't seem to find another peak or break and let some kids have a contest for a day.

Is that how it is in California? It's too much to expect for people to respect a surf contest (nssa school teams at that) enough to stay out of the lineup? If so, it just reinforces my lack of desire to ever go there.

If I were that kid's dad I'd be waiting for that piece of chitt when he came to the beach.

Images
    Just call Kainoa in to clear out the contest area.

the first guy in the vid obviously has the right of way.... and in the slow motion you can see the contact was very minimal. the guy simply raised his arm up and the kid just sort of jumped off the board.

BUT... I mean c'mon if they are trying to have a contest show a little heart, you know, let them have some waves... that being said, if they couldn't lock down the spot or a section of the spot as contest only then they should have held it elsewhere.

and as a general rule of thumb... I have the right of way in 99.9% of situations.