LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is a high school surf contest. There's no reason for someone not competing to be sitting at the peak taking waves from competitors; its just disrespectful to the students and NSSA.

Obviously the first guy had priority on the wave, but i think its a very grey area as to who was in the wrong, but i think the locals should have cleared out for the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I mean c'mon if they are trying to have a contest show a little heart, you know, let them have some waves...
    I remember as a kid one time I inadvertently paddled out in the middle of a contest... felt like a total jagazz

The difference is, you have to obtain a PERMIT to run a contest. Permits with municipalities are for specific dates at specific locations. It's not like you can just pick up and move a contest because some localistic piece of carp decides he has a "right" to the spot.

How could you think the dude was right? Total **** move.

and as a general rule of thumb... I have the right of way in 99.9% of situations.
    When sitting waaaaaaaaaaay outside, these are the advantages, right Fitzpeedo?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    When sitting waaaaaaaaaaay outside, these are the advantages, right Fitzpeedo?
    load the Fitzpeeedo bay doors!!! lol.

So, the universe gave me a little payback for sitting waaaaaaay outside! I drive to a spot about 15 minutes from where I usually surf yesterday, no one out. but the wind just shifted and now its chop and slop but decent size for the day. I paddle out and catch a few waves.... when I glance a look at the beach and like 4 softtop gnarlaroo kooks start paddling out and are flopping all over the place... it ruined any chance of surfing there.... I picked up and moved to a lesser but empty jetti left.... I felt I owed it to the cosmos to move this time and let the newbs have the spot. lol.

So, the universe gave me a little payback for sitting waaaaaaay outside! I drive to a spot about 15 minutes from where I usually surf yesterday, no one out. but the wind just shifted and now its chop and slop but decent size for the day. I paddle out and catch a few waves.... when I glance a look at the beach and like 4 softtop gnarlaroo kooks start paddling out and are flopping all over the place... it ruined any chance of surfing there.... I picked up and moved to a lesser but empty jetti left.... I felt I owed it to the cosmos to move this time and let the newbs have the spot. lol.
    at least drop the aquaduece before you leave!

Good for you Fitz, fighting those inner deamons is tough at times, especially when you see a handful of softtops headed in your direction.

Images
    Oh this was during a contest? How did I miss that? If the guy was sitting in the middle of a contest and taking waves I guess he was in the wrong. I hate contests when they shut down a beach but you should fight it someother way other than paddle out in the middle of it and snag waves. How could that be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh this was during a contest? How did I miss that?
    the kid's jersey is pretty clear...green, i think it was.

in normal day-to-day surfing, the bald dude definitely had right of way...but surfing in a contest area? c'mon...what is this? california in the anti-contest 70's? get over it & go surf someplace else for the day. bald dude's a douchebag, no question.