LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Very much so, always have been intrigued by celebrity worship myself, many of whom are treated like demigods.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey let me ax youse people something. And don't be getting all defensive and stuff. And this isn't James Gandolfini specific.

Why do people worship celebrities? Why does society treat actors as the most important people, and acting as the most important "skill" to exist? Why do people go crazy about the famous? Why do people want the signatures of famous persons? Why are pretty people who pretend(actors), sporting porfessionals, and Justin Beibers considered the most important people on the planet?

Nobody cares aboot the dude who created indoor plumbing, but y'all watch TV shows that show Sandra Bullock buying milk at a store...........

Humans are a strange, strange species............
    I can't speak for everybody, but I certainly dont' "worship" any celebs, i'm very much the opposite, i've had encounters with celebs in real life and it's like w/e to me, they are just people like you and me, they just have a different profession. They are good at what they do, while we are good at what we do, who cares right? That being said, humans love to be enterained by others, been going on since the beginning of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I can't speak for everybody, but I certainly dont' "worship" any celebs, i'm very much the opposite, i've had encounters with celebs in real life and it's like w/e to me, they are just people like you and me, they just have a different profession. They are good at what they do, while we are good at what we do, who cares right? That being said, humans love to be enterained by others, been going on since the beginning of time.
    I feel the same way. He was excellent at his craft, and will be missed. I would feel the same way about any great scientist that just passed away.

Images
    Way more ppl care about the Kardashians than the Edward Teller's of the world.

rip tony soprano

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Way more ppl care about the Kardashians than the Edward Teller's of the world.
    Too many people lack intelligence and free thought.

The Kardashians are not talented and offer little to this world.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Too many people lack intelligence and free thought.

The Kardashians are not talented and offer little to this world.
    Absolutely, hope you didn't think I was in the first group I mentioned. I do think james Gandolfini was a great actor, and my condolences to his family and friends.

too much gabagol for the big fella. I bet his arteries looked like Chewbacka's shower drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Why do people worship celebrities?
    I think it's all about fantasy... People who don't appreciate their own lives... their own families... their own persona... look at other people's lives (either the celebrities themselves or the characters they portray) and what they [I]appear[I] to be to them in order to either compare themselves to them in one way or another, or to live vicariously through the fantasies they create of those characters in their own minds.

really? who cares? the guy killed himself with his unhealthy lifestyle. ooh he was soo young. give me a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2mMWdOXms