LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Oh yeah, doing more with ones life compared to another's is relative. I didn't seek fame and am not into acting. So while he was under the bright lights of Hollywood I was charging 12 foot G Land.
    You know nothing about this man and what he has done for others. You might want to read up before just claiming he was nothing more than an actor.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    no, i am. the relevance to this forum is only a passing one: many of us who grew up in Jersey/NY were struck by the authenticity of The Sopranos, which is what made it a powerful drama. I appreciated the quality of the art and the loss of the artist is noteworthy in itself.

conflating this subject with any political, social, or civil issue makes little sense. perhaps the most pathetic irony here is criticizing the thread for relevance, while simultaneously injecting multiple other irrelevant subjects into it.
    Sorry to call you a shmuck. I respect your right to post what you want.
    I have never seen the Sopranos so I can't relate to the relevance of its contents, and
    I read several other posts on this thread criticizing the significance of JG's death.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    He posts multiple threads that have nothing to do with surfing, but now he has a problem with that. In fact, in the time since he joined this forum, he only recently made any posts about surfing. The only reason he posts about surfing now, is due to the fact that he was told to stop the conspiracy BS.
    Polluted oceans from radioactive waste has nothing to do with surfing?
    PS I never started any threads on bombing conspiracy a or cue trail stuff. I only joined into the conversation just as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    You know nothing about this man and what he has done for others. You might want to read up before just claiming he was nothing more than an actor.
    I dont really care and You are right, I know nothing a out him only that he was an actor.

Just like a lot of people don't really know about me other than being a surfer, and a lot of people don't really care either.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    no, i am. the relevance to this forum is only a passing one: many of us who grew up in Jersey/NY were struck by the authenticity of The Sopranos, which is what made it a powerful drama. I appreciated the quality of the art and the loss of the artist is noteworthy in itself.

conflating this subject with any political, social, or civil issue makes little sense. perhaps the most pathetic irony here is criticizing the thread for relevance, while simultaneously injecting multiple other irrelevant subjects into it.
    Conflating the subject with other things only points out the insignificance to one mans passing. People die every day.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Conflating the subject with other things only points out the insignificance to one mans passing. People die every day.
    You must be losing cognitive ability in your old age. Instead of thinking and posting what you want to convey in one post, you always come back much later and reply again to the same post.

Images
    Archy, first of all, don't be scared. I don't harbor the negative feelings aboot you that others do. I dig non-surfing topics. I mean, really fellas, there's only so much surfing to talk aboot, and our waves pretty much suck so we can't even tell daily surf stories......." Yeah man, Holyoke was two foot, and no one was out, man. I had Holyoke all to myself. Ah man, it was awesome." Oh yeah, I forgot aboot westuit questions and the " Hey I'm taking a trip where should I go" threads. I guess there is a lot to talk aboot.

Jeez, I got off track......Hey Archy did you really surf 12 G-Land? That supposedly can be a heavy wave, and 12 foot is pretty big. I can't imagine most people on this site surfing anything over 6 foot. And that's being generous. More like three foot.

And please, I have a good idea of who the hardcore shred merchants are on this site so y'all can save the, " Hey, I surf Double Overhead, man" stuff. Thank you. Like, two months ago I saw that phrase, "Double Overhead," constantly. Too bad the east coast gets a rideable DOH swell once a decade. Big, east coast waves suck anyways. I've given into my age, and I'm shinning the semi-out-of-control, closed-out swells that make up the east coast's "big wave" realm. I'm over it, bras. Ducking thirty waves per paddle-out, drifting a half-mile, sitting out there for an hour to try and find a shoulder. Man, it's just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Archy, first of all, don't be scared. I don't harbor the negative feelings aboot you that others do. I dig non-surfing topics. I mean, really fellas, there's only so much surfing to talk aboot, and our waves pretty much suck so we can't even tell daily surf stories......." Yeah man, Holyoke was two foot, and no one was out, man. I had Holyoke all to myself. Ah man, it was awesome." Oh yeah, I forgot aboot westuit questions and the " Hey I'm taking a trip where should I go" threads. I guess there is a lot to talk aboot.

Jeez, I got off track......Hey Archy did you really surf 12 G-Land? That supposedly can be a heavy wave, and 12 foot is pretty big. I can't imagine most people on this site surfing anything over 6 foot. And that's being generous. More like three foot.

And please, I have a good idea of who the hardcore shred merchants are on this site so y'all can save the, " Hey, I surf Double Overhead, man" stuff. Thank you. Like, two months ago I saw that phrase, "Doiuble Overhead," constantly. Too bad the east coast gets a rideable DOH swell once a decade. Big, east coast waves suck anyways. I've given into my age, and I'm shinning the semi-out-of-control, closed-out swells that make up the east coast's "big wave" realm. I'm over it, bras. Ducking thirty waves per paddle-out, drifting a half-mile, sitting out there for an hour to try and find a shoulder. Man, it's just not worth it.
    As a matter of fact I did. I spent two months at G Land in 2001. Depends on what you consider 12 ft. i surfed it up to 15 ft faces. didnt spend much time at the Speedies section of wave (im regular foot). First time the waves came up to beyond 2 ft overhead I was scared ****less. Prior to that I had surfed Jersey up to 15 foot faces. But That place is f'n heavy. But after a few days of beatings and learning from mistakes my comfort level increased. A few times some older Aussies that charged would give me waves and I had no choice but to go pushing me beyond my known limits. After two months I was pretty confident in the big stuff there. Amazing what long periods of surf travel does for you.

Images
    Two months in G-Land, huh? That's exciting. I reckon that did alot for you - surfing, culture, adventure wise. Did the Aussies bust your chops? I hope you were a drinker. You see any tigers?

Now really, were you stoked the whole two months? I know the waves were good, but did you get antsy being there after awhile? Living at the fringes of a snake, bug and tiger jungle. Did the non-surfing downtime ever drive you a bit crazy? Did you ever say, " Dang I wish I was back in Jersey with a pizza?"

I don't know, 3rd world, hot places aren't really my cup of tea. I'm a cold weather person, and I don't like strange languages. Spanish I can deal with. Awww man I especially don't like languages that seem to be composed of nothing but consonants. "Ftrgfrddew" isn't a word. Ya know what it is that I be sayin' ?

I'm not being cocky here, but when did you surf 15 foot New Jersey? Hurricane Gloria and the winter of 1986-87 are the only times I really remember it being rideable at that size. But then again I lost some months along the way due to Kassers vodka. Hey, you aren't Mike Gleason are you? Rol Woolson? A Hopper?

Images
    Paddington, south jetty bill?