LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Two months in G-Land, huh? That's exciting. I reckon that did alot for you - surfing, culture, adventure wise. Did the Aussies bust your chops? I hope you were a drinker. You see any tigers?

Now really, were you stoked the whole two months? I know the waves were good, but did you get antsy being there after awhile? Living at the fringes of a snake, bug and tiger jungle. Did the non-surfing downtime ever drive you a bit crazy? Did you ever say, " Dang I wish I was back in Jersey with a pizza?"

I don't know, 3rd world, hot places aren't really my cup of tea. I'm a cold weather person, and I don't like strange languages. Spanish I can deal with. Awww man I especially don't like languages that seem to be composed of nothing but consonants. "Ftrgfrddew" isn't a word. Ya know what it is that I be sayin' ?

I'm not being cocky here, but when did you surf 15 foot New Jersey? Hurricane Gloria and the winter of 1986-87 are the only times I really remember it being rideable at that size. But then again I lost some months along the way due to Kassers vodka. Hey, you aren't Mike Gleason are you? Rol Woolson? A Hopper?
    Honestly, I was pretty much stoked the whole time. One I got into the swing of things goin on good size waves and baggin some serious shacks, all I wanted was more more more. Never missed Jersey a bit. The food was good and plentiful, and the constant flux of people comin in and out was cool cuz I met so many people who were stoked. I guess it kept me stoked in that way too. If you are into hiking and exploring that place was awesome.
    The Aussie only gave me a hard time only in good fun though. Pretty much a barrel of laughs. Not much drinking goin on, unless you brought your own. The keg was tapped at 6 pm and shut off at 10 pm sharp. The lights went out at 11 pm. A couple of Hawaiins and Aussies turned me onto some hashish which was nice.
    Didn't see any tigers but I did see a panther one night right below my hut. Scared the **** out of me cuz there was no way to block the steps to your hit. One night I was woken up by some monkees fighting just outside my hut. Sounded like someone being skinned alive.
    Ironically I didn't get one scratch at G Land but hours before I was to get on the plane home I got clipped in a chest high barrel at Uluwatu and came up with my back looking like hamburger. I extended the 5 hour layover in Amsterdamn to 2 days to ease the pain. Eeeww! That's another trip altogether.
    But 3rd world tropical doesn't bother me. I enjoy the laid back slow pace. I spent six months in Costa Rica prior to that trip.
    Surfed 15 ft Jersey just as it went offshore after hurricane Bertha passed by us 100 mile off the coast in 94 I believe it was. By dark it was 10 foot. Next day waist high.

I'm not Gleason. Whatched him grow up and he thanked me for calling him a p*ssy when he was young and the waves got big. Not Rol but he's a friend. The Hoppers were a little older than me. Live up the street from me. Some of the most raw talent I've ever seen those two. They moved to Cal. Dave is still rippin and Doug got spracked out on the H. He's sober now and a family man weekend surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by natkitchen View Post
    Paddington, south jetty bill?
    Needless, I say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    ...when did you surf 15 foot New Jersey?
    I've only seen it rideable at that size 2 times, plus one more time that I'd say was just short of 15'. All three of those times it was up here... never south of Ocean County... and both since '94. I wish I could give you names/dates of those swells, but I just can't. I was in CM for Gloria, and I don't think it hit 15'. Maybe it did further north... I don't know. So when somebody says 15' Jerzy, it's not an impossibility.

That's just obnoxious bro... Why take shots at a man that died way to young?
    I'm with you on the worship of the famous thing. I don't give a sh*t about the famous the same way they don't care about me.
    But he (according to everyone that knew him) was a great man. And he did a lot for the less fortunate. Same way you say you spend your free time.
    As far as promoting violence. He's spoke out publicly against violence and the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    really? who cares? the guy killed himself with his unhealthy lifestyle. ooh he was soo young. give me a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2mMWdOXms

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Needless, I say more.
    Eerily similar.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by natkitchen View Post
    Paddington, south jetty bill?
    No, but I knew him. He used to ride the waves into the sunset. But he fell into a bad crowd scoping mysto spots along the Delaware River near Trenton.

He met this dude from Trenton at a Burger King in Bordentown, NJ, and started to hang out on Stuyvesant Avenue with the Sex, Money, Murder blood set. That's where he learned how to turn 5 Hour Energy into a freebase oil. And that was the end of him.

Last year, practically every NJ, PA, and Delaware WAWA had a warning picture of him posted at the counter because he used to steal the 5 Hour Energy drinks from there. There and Indian-owned News/Tobacco shops. They used to call the oil - 125 Hour Energy. I believe he spoke of this some time ago. Him and that Cheeseburger guy.

I don't know if he became a beat-in memeber of that gang, but he spent all of his time with them. And the hos from the neighborhood just loved him. But his 125 Hour Energy took him to low places of dirty coitus, shoplifting, and other crimes unmentionable. He overdosed on a combination of 125 Hour Energy, Red Bull and Shirley Temples. An autopsy revealed he had HIV, HEP A, HEP B, HEP C, Merca, Lyme Disease, Syphillis, SARS, and rabies........oh and sickle cell anemia

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    That's just obnoxious bro... Why take shots at a man that died way to young?
    I'm with you on the worship of the famous thing. I don't give a sh*t about the famous the same way they don't care about me.
    But he (according to everyone that knew him) was a great man. And he did a lot for the less fortunate. Same way you say you spend your free time.
    As far as promoting violence. He's spoke out publicly against violence and the mob.
    I agree he did die way too young, and I don't doubt he was a great guy. I feel bad for his family too. But if he meant so much to others, don't you think he would at least take some steps to ensure that he was healthy enough to be around for them? Exsessive drinking smoking and gluttony could be considered akin to suicide, no?
    And he might have publicly spoken out against violence, but we all know people are way more influenced by fictional tv characters than the person behind the mask. I mean look at all the idiots who support Obama and his total act, but don't really care what he does when the camera is not on him.

Images
    I like how people talk aboot celebrities like they know them or something. Seeing some dude on a screen doesn't mean you "know" them.

Oh Archy, I wasn't trying to be cool by dropping North Jersey names. I don't really know any of those dudes. I just spent alot of time reading East Coast Surfer between masturbating while I was a teen. So I beacme familiar with the names. Also, I was a semi-proud memeber of the CNJ-ESA back in the Gary Clayton/Don Tarrant era. So, I've been around some of those dudes. Like, Brian Kelly even talked to me once !!!! How aboot that?

I'm going to use my Encyclopedia Brown skills to find out your identity. You aren't the ghost of that Malter Maier Althaus guy are you? Or whatever the hell that dude's name was. Anderson? Stabley? Kevin Casey? Jimmy Hines? Roger Jerffry(ies)? Corey Booker? One of the Jonas Brothers? Wow, there's a lot going on up in North Jersey, huh?

It looks like the trolls are off topic, sadly. Here's another video for the thread:

Images
    Archy, you know the Hoppers? Your the first person I have seen that remembers Doug and Dave. Man they could rip and both had great style. I'm around the same age as and would surf with them up at Sandy hook in the early to mid eighties. I remember seeing those two with Ellie and Wayne paddling out to some giant surf at the cove. So big that it wasn't hitting the point but breaking wide and way outside. We were deluded into thinking we were hot up and commers until one day when we met the hoppers who knocked us way down really fast, lol.