LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for some help with water getting trapped in the calves of my wetsuit

I have a pretty new Xcel wetsuit. I really love the fabric and fit, but I keep getting water trapped in my calves. I suspect it's because it may be a bit too long because while it really does fit me very well, there is at least [I]some[I] small amount of extra fabric in the legs. In any event, it was a gift and although I highly doubt that there would be a suit that would fit better, I can't return it at this point in any event.<br /><br />If anyone could make a recommendation on how best to combat this annoying issue I'd really appreciate it.<br /><br />If it matters, I do not surf, I boogie board.<br /><br />Thanks a lot!

Images
    It's bodyboard dude. Don't worry about the extra water, or just build your calves.

calf raises....all day every day. make sure you balance that with a decent trap workout too. don't wanna look like a fool with your shirt off.

Calf implants, think about it....

Stop peeing in your suit.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Calf implants, think about it....
    Worked for Johnny Drama.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Worked for Johnny Drama.
    ^^^Someone got it! HAHAHA

I would just make a bunch of holes in that area to let the trapped water drain out. Easy, peasy...

Images
    get your weight up. . .

Hate to tell you man, but I think it's just kinda the way wetsuits go. The same thing happens to me (I have an Xcel suit too, if that makes a difference).

Wetsuits are designed to trap water—it's how they work. When you have a suit designed to trap water between you and it, there's going to be a certain volume of water in the suit. When you stand up the water has nowhere to drain but down and neoprene is stretchy. Hence the balloon legs.

I just deal with it and slip a finger under the cuff of each leg when it starts really annoying me. But if it really bothers you, I've heard of people using things from velcro or rubber bands around their calves to punching holes in the legs. It's not really a huge deal though, especially (I imagine) when bodyboarding.