LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    gruvi: Go with the burpee suggestion too--those things will kick your @$$. I just started doing them regularly. Great for fast-twitch, upper body, lower body and cardio.

Make sure you do them on the sidewalk or in a crowded park--anywhere the most people can witness it. Wear a hot pink and neon green wetsuit if possible.
    Erock, I have three users here on ignore and I tried with you to be patient. I am done. You go on ignore immediately. Sorry I won't be entertaining you but feel free to believe whatever floats your boat, if I view a hidden post from you. Fact, I will not, just like the others I have ignored.

Thanks to everyone I have not thanked individually here. A lot of good advice was added, thank you A big factor is that I am near fifty years old, so I won't risk killing my wifes only means of income by dying trying to be a hardcore winter rider at any point forward. I simply want to get out on the board when I am able, and make that session count; Whether it be a good paddle and out to the line up regularly, to popping up and staying on the board til I choose to fall off. I am not looking to be some bucket throwing amateur, nor a hang five demonstrator.
    I purely want to conquer what I only need to conquer, not do what are expectations of others that surf harder.

p.s. I always believed the outlet of surfing and pot smoking made people mellow and laid back and cool to others. I still believe it, so I must call BS on the most aggressive posters that can only condemn and insult me visciously at times. I do not believe you few really surf more than the web! POW! From Gruvi, biotches!

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Thanks to everyone I have not thanked individually here. A lot of good advice was added, thank you A big factor is that I am near fifty years old, so I won't risk killing my wifes only means of income by dying trying to be a hardcore winter rider at any point forward. I simply want to get out on the board when I am able, and make that session count; Whether it be a good paddle and out to the line up regularly, to popping up and staying on the board til I choose to fall off. I am not looking to be some bucket throwing amateur, nor a hang five demonstrator.
    I purely want to conquer what I only need to conquer, not do what are expectations of others that surf harder.

p.s. I always believed the outlet of surfing and pot smoking made people mellow and laid back and cool to others. I still believe it, so I must call BS on the most aggressive posters that can only condemn and insult me visciously at times. I do not believe you few really surf more than the web! POW! From Gruvi, biotches!
    Winter surfing is not a danger to your health, if you take the proper precautions. Wear the right gear, stretch, and keep your body warm before/after the session. I believe winter surfing would prolong your life, as it is an excellent way to keep physically fit. I can understand if you don't do it because you don't like the cold, but don't act like you don't do it for health reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Winter surfing is not a danger to your health, if you take the proper precautions. Wear the right gear, stretch, and keep your body warm before/after the session. I believe winter surfing would prolong your life, as it is an excellent way to keep physically fit. I can understand if you don't do it because you don't like the cold, but don't act like you don't do it for health reasons.
    You're right, I don't do winter surf. I ski and play adult ice hockey in winter if I'm not on a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post

"and staying on the board til I choose to fall off"

Don't do this. Nothing is more annoying. It is a terrible habit and dangerous to others. Learn how to kick out. If you can't do that, flop your butt down on it and turn. At the end of the ride your board should be pointed back towards the line up and your hair should still be dry. At least for the first couple of waves. You should maintain control of your surfboard at all times. There was a time before leashes.

"I always believed the outlet of surfing and pot smoking made people mellow and laid back and cool to others."

Surf Rage, google it.

Dude, you like telling others what to do? Try suggestions, they are kinder and better accepted Anywho, goodnight, I worked the graveyard shift and back in tonight at 7 pm. Gonna try get a few zzzzzzs

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

Don't do this. Nothing is more annoying. It is a terrible habit and dangerous to others. Learn how to kick out. If you can't do that, flop your butt down on it and turn. At the end of the ride your board should be pointed back towards the line up and your hair should still be dry. At least for the first couple of waves. You should maintain control of your surfboard at all times. There was a time before leashes.

"I always believed the outlet of surfing and pot smoking made people mellow and laid back and cool to others."

Surf Rage, google it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

Good advice. Thanks. Also your words in an older thread about how you should surf as if you don't have a leash.

Images
    Damn, gruvi is a real person!?!