LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, It's all about the Tourons here. A bunch of years ago some Joisey couple came here and didn't have a great time. They wrote a letter to the editor about the kids being too loud. the city of VB flew them in for a free re evaluation. Sheet, I say VB sucks every day but haven't gotten anything free from them.

Images
    You North Jersey types need to get more active aboot this stuff. Don't your spots just get destroyed with these projects?

I don't know exactly why, but most beach replenishment projects in South Jersey don't mess up the surf too much. Remember I said, "Most." Shoot they are constantly doing these projects in Ocean City and you just can't shut that place down. And usually in weeks or a month, places actually get better down here. Well we have more gently sloping bottoms down here(in most, not all, places) and I reckon youse guys got deep water that abrubtly hits the sandbars.

Anyways, I applaud the dude who keeps posting aboot this stuff. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention since there are way too many North Jersey people on here. Y'all better do something, because you ain't allowed down here if all of North Jersey is buried in sand. I mean, I let a few of youse in, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    You North Jersey types need to get more active aboot this stuff. Don't your spots just get destroyed with these projects?

I don't know exactly why, but most beach replenishment projects in South Jersey don't mess up the surf too much. Remember I said, "Most." Shoot they are constantly doing these projects in Ocean City and you just can't shut that place down. And usually in weeks or a month, places actually get better down here. Well we have more gently sloping bottoms down here(in most, not all, places) and I reckon youse guys got deep water that abrubtly hits the sandbars.

Anyways, I applaud the dude who keeps posting aboot this stuff. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention since there are way too many North Jersey people on here. Y'all better do something, because you ain't allowed down here if all of North Jersey is buried in sand. I mean, I let a few of youse in, but that's it.
    yeah we have deeper water here. in my neck o the woods there are no outside sand bars and a jetty every 100 yards or so. the replenishment covers up the jettys and we are left with a drop off from shin high too 6 feet in one step. some spots get good a few weeks after, but the number of spots are seriously reduced.( like 2 spots good 10 ruined.) to top it off the drop off is the result of multiple drownings every other week. the drop off is so bad that a lot of times you cant even tell there are waves when a little waist high swell is running. it really sucks and the city has no clue. maybe they do, but my guess is they are just concerned with the federal $$$$ they receive. little kids and old ladies have a real hard time enjoying the ocean in these parts after they pump.

the last time they pumped the SEA was boasting that they worked a deal with the ACOE to pump a sand point. what a joke. 6 months after it was good for like 2 days, then that kook Candy Andy Mezinski (head of the SEA here in No. NJ) went on Surfline telling them what a success it was, and that the waves were epic. that sand point was worse than the first time they pumped.

the sand replenishment is only beneficial for the ultra-rich oceanfront property owners, lose-lose for everyone else.

Images
    was it 96? i can't remember the year. All i can 'member was running up to north beach in (aka military/trooper beach) manasquan and seeing my beloved spot erased. I wanted to cry. I don't think that break has ever really worked again. I could be wrong, but it was a sad day for sure. I have great memories on that beach.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post

paddy your right about the differences between north and south beaches. I wonder if the barrier islands have anything to do with it. But your right, beach replenishments down here have had little impact on surf spots. But, that pumped sand sucks. its brown and dirty. Ventnor keeps on pumping and Margate gets all the sand.

they don't even pump for miles here,but that mud crap comes down from the north and/or up from the south and i'm convinced it ruins our sandbars,too.the bars are right here for the first time in many years since sandy,but,here we go again.

This will destroy all surfing in Monmouth County for at least a year or so, the same way it did when they came through in the early 2000s. There use to be great breaks in Sea bright Monmouth beach before beach replieshment. They never really came back after the original fill because of all the sand that was carried north. All these spots in Long branch that are finally back will be ruined again too. Bay head? Yep, that's gonna be dumpy shore break again
    It was fun while it lasted.

Images
    Well, what are y'all doing aboot it? Like, I axed for someone, anyone, to post ways to help you bastards out. Who to write and b!tch to. But nobody did a nothin'.

Listen, I'll help you North Jersey sons of b!tches out, but I'm not doing the research of who to contact. Ya feel me. There is a limit to how much I help people north of Barnegat Light. But I reckon by now, it's too late. Well, I guess in five years your spots will be top notch again.

Surfers have got to start getting more involved in things, politically. And remember politicians only care aboot people that vote, so get registered and go to the polls you flakey bastards. It ain't that hard. This isn't Florida, with voting obstacles and five-hour waits at the polls. If you sob's would get involved in things you could be legally smoking doochie, and still have your favorite shred spot. But no, y'all sit around watching Taylor Swift videos eating pop tarts.

"I know a couple of former SEA directors and after every benefit they held those guys would immediately hop on a plane for a surf trip. hmm."

So are they using money from the benefits to take surf trips?