LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Here comes the sand

    ..and there goes the surf?


    Army Corps awards $25.6 million contract for Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach post-Sandy emergency beach replenishment project; Long Branch to Manasquan next.

    read more here

    http://tinyurl.com/kkk8hhq
    Last edited by ragdolling; Jun 21, 2013 at 06:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Contact Surfers Environmental Alliance. They talking with the ACOE about these projects. The ACOE have provided plans to SEA and are open to dialog from them (surfers) about the potential effects this project could have.

  3. #3
    Beach replenishment fugged up my break. Big azz beach tho. When I went to 80th street in mid 70's, you could see the ocean from the asphalt. Today you have at least 400 yards of dune and beach before hitting the water. the only break is where the outside break used to was. where it took forever to get out on good days, is a hop skip and jump today.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bethany & wrightsville
    Posts
    495
    Images
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRicky View Post
    Contact Surfers Environmental Alliance. They talking with the ACOE about these projects. The ACOE have provided plans to SEA and are open to dialog from them (surfers) about the potential effects this project could have.
    that is music to my ears

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    677
    uuugh. before the replenishment I could walk up the street and surf. after I had to get in my car and drive to find a decent break. after Sandy it was back to normal. f*n Army Kook of Engiqueers. they suck and all the b s litigation between them and the SEA never did anything good. all that talk was a bunch of hot air and the Army Corp. did whatever they wanted anyway. people should realize that it only protects and benefits oceanfront private residences and businesses. if you want to live on the water just assume the risks. the last replenishment did nothing to protect Long Branch. during Sandy all the sand they pumped ended up a block in from the beach and in the living rooms of ocean front property. this is truly sad and a waste of taxpayer money. I know a couple of former SEA directors and after every benefit they held those guys would immediately hop on a plane for a surf trip. hmm.

  6. #6
    There was a show on edjamacational tv in the 80's about the outer banks of NC. that the natural progression was south and west. the tar looking stuff at the water line is sound mud. Back in the day, people would just build portable shelter with crap washed up because they knew it wouldn't last a farting spell on the beach.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    highlands, nj
    Posts
    243
    Images
    21
    Wtf. The breaks just got good. There is still a hundred yards of beach in Monmouth beach why are they doing this?! If its to protect homes from hurricanes I can reluctantly swallow it, but if its just to pack more bennies and garbage on to the beach for summer toll dollars I can't deal with it. Uggh. There's plenty of beach!

  8. #8
    What was it 4 years ago that they pumped the sand in LB? And it just finally got good again! And now they're gonna do it again like it did something good to begin with... BS


    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    uuugh. before the replenishment I could walk up the street and surf. after I had to get in my car and drive to find a decent break. after Sandy it was back to normal. f*n Army Kook of Engiqueers. they suck and all the b s litigation between them and the SEA never did anything good. all that talk was a bunch of hot air and the Army Corp. did whatever they wanted anyway. people should realize that it only protects and benefits oceanfront private residences and businesses. if you want to live on the water just assume the risks. the last replenishment did nothing to protect Long Branch. during Sandy all the sand they pumped ended up a block in from the beach and in the living rooms of ocean front property. this is truly sad and a waste of taxpayer money. I know a couple of former SEA directors and after every benefit they held those guys would immediately hop on a plane for a surf trip. hmm.

  9. #9
    They recently did it in Stone Harbor/Avalon a few weeks back and the breaks dont seem to be changed that drastically. I understand its not the same head high waves will get in Hurricane Season and it'll be interesting to see how they hold up then... but on the Saturday two weeks ago when we got a solid chest high day just a week after the replenishment the breaks were still solid and held up well

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Beach replenishment fugged up my break. Big azz beach tho. When I went to 80th street in mid 70's, you could see the ocean from the asphalt. Today you have at least 400 yards of dune and beach before hitting the water. the only break is where the outside break used to was. where it took forever to get out on good days, is a hop skip and jump today.
    Hey, Chich...you see around 70th now? They've got the tubes all stacked up near the dunes and ready to get sucking. There isn't a break in VB they're not ready to ruin.