LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Nose Cones

  1. #1

    Nose Cones

    in my life surfing, i've never hit anyone or taken a direct hit. i don't know what it's like, could someone explain some impact stories about nose cone involvements.

  2. #2
    you should worry more about the fins. I've been stabbed in both feet. Once by my board and ten years later by some doofus with kelp cutting fins. I filed them dull on my last boards but the fish I ride now has 2 fat rounded long board fins.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,518
    Images
    5
    I've been hit in the back of the head with my own board. Punctured my winter suit and chipped my skull. Got 5 stitches on that one. Got my front teeth knocked out by my board when lifting it over a wall of white water a day before my senior prom ( my date was surprised when I picked her up). Fell over the falls and landed on my upside down board and fins. Sliced my bicep open right to the muscle drove my self to the er and got 6 stitches that time.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    you should worry more about the fins. I've been stabbed in both feet. Once by my board and ten years later by some doofus with kelp cutting fins. I filed them dull on my last boards but the fish I ride now has 2 fat rounded long board fins.
    I've got proteck fins. sometimes my board is upside down.

  5. #5
    i don't want fear of my own board to stop me from getting gnarly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    192
    I wish this was surfermag forum so it would be more acceptable to make a troll comment but...took a hit in the nose from the rail of my board after not making a barrel. It was one of those nose smacks that makes your whole head feel numb/tingly, even my hand co-ordination was off. But no bloody nose

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I've been hit in the back of the head with my own board. Punctured my winter suit and chipped my skull. Got 5 stitches on that one. Got my front teeth knocked out by my board when lifting it over a wall of white water a day before my senior prom ( my date was surprised when I picked her up). Fell over the falls and landed on my upside down board and fins. Sliced my bicep open right to the muscle drove my self to the er and got 6 stitches that time.
    When I was a kid and briefly trying to surf, I went over the falls, fell off the back of the board, and got caught under the right upper arm by the sharp edge of the fin as the board popped back up. Hung there for a few seconds like a scarecrow before pushing the board away. No stitches, but I had a scar for years. This was the early 70s in Calif before leashes. Then, it was not uncommon to see boards flying everywhere. One had to duck, dodge, and dive (like the movie Dodge Ball) or end up getting clobbered.

  8. #8
    Then the nose guard is not for me, if nobody in the world has ever been saved by a nose cone i'll leave it off. Proteck fins always

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Your Mom's Vag
    Posts
    2,116
    I use bubble wrap all over my board. Protects me and the board and is hydrodyanmicaly superior to any other board (except maybe the gnome from NZ's boards) plus it looks super cool.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    philly - margate
    Posts
    77
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash35 View Post
    Then the nose guard is not for me, if nobody in the world has ever been saved by a nose cone i'll leave it off. Proteck fins always
    i forget what vid it is but matt Archibold told a story where his nose pierced his cheek .