LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bottom feeder fo sho, or a performance groveler with alittle more volume. for example i surf a 5'11 x 19 1/4'' x 2 3/8'' and i'm 6'1 180 lbs. similar design to a fred rubble

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Dims are 5'7" x 22" x 2 3/8"

NICE board, brother... really liking the tail and fin setup. Bottom contours? Got a rocker shot?

Images
    Thanks!

belly in front 6"
    flat at 12" back
    single concave from 18" back all the way out the tail.

Rocker measured from midpoint:
    NR = 3 1/4"
    TR = 1 1/8"

While it maxes out at 2 3/8" thick, you can see it carries lots of volume right out to the nose and tail.

I like it. Displacement (vee or belly) in the entry area on those wide nosed shapes works really good, IMO.

The foreground and background of that rocker shot reminds me of the Pines in Cape May County, where I grew up, and my folks still live.

depends on how you want to surf. all the boards your thinking about (bottom feeder, biscuit, etc...) are fine if just want to cruise, but they turn like $hit. constant movement is key in tiny waves. find something with a straighter tail outline, flatter rocker and low boxy rails. EPS helps too cause it's light and floats better. or check out the tomo style mph boards. can go 6' - 10" shorter and an inch narrower then your standard board.
    those other boards are geared more toward older, heavy dudes who haven't surf very long or just plain suck. your young and light... just try harder.
    Last edited by AtanticO; Jun 28, 2013 at 02:19 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    depends on how you want to surf. all the boards your thinking about (bottom feeder, biscuit, etc...) are fine if just want to cruise, but they turn like $hit. constant movement is key in tiny waves. find something with a straighter tail outline, flatter rocker and low boxy rails. EPS helps too cause it's light and floats better. or check out the tomo style mph boards. can go 6' - 10" shorter and an inch narrower then your standard board.
    those other boards are geared more toward older, heavy dudes who haven't surf very long or just plain suck.
    your young and light... just try harder.
    i have no problem making turns on my bottom feeder .check out the vid of mason on his.

http://youtu.be/RDhSJSbdRgU

first of all... mason ho can make anything look good. especially at rocky point. second, he surfs way better on his standard equipment. and do you really think he's riding a stock version? advertising to clones sure is easy!
    that being said... im sure it's a great board if your just cruising or need a crutch, but concave is always faster than vee or flat bottom shapes. check out stu kennedy riding tomos in $hit waves. full rail power hacks!
    or just get a longboard and forget all the wiggling like some aqua-jock if it's knee high.

PS support your local shaper!
    Last edited by AtanticO; Jun 28, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

If you only plan to use it on small days, get a cheap, used longboard to try out for a while. On waves that small you won't know the difference between a low end and high end board. If you find you don't like it, you can always resell and get your money back...if you find the right deal you could even make a few bucks in the used board market.

Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    ... im sure it's a great board if your just cruising or need a crutch, but concave is always faster than vee or flat bottom shapes. check out stu kennedy riding tomos in $hit waves. full rail power hacks!
    or just get a longboard and forget all the wiggling like some aqua-jock if it's knee high.

PS support your local shaper!
    umm, pretty sure flat bottom is the fastest

You're telling me a longboard isn't a "crutch" for 90% of their users? From what I can see, most longboarders use them soley to catch waves farther outside than shortboarders...regardless of their exponentially diminished performance. If it's knee high mush, then, hell yeah, I need a "crutch".

I'd rather see someone "wriggling" than standing lock knee'd, like some too cool for school statue
    Last edited by waterbaby; Jun 28, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Fish or mini Simmons bruh. Ruuuuuh!