LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Surf Sleeve - Solution to inner thigh rash?

http://www.surfsleeve.net/<br /><br />Has anyone ever used this product to prevent the dreaded inner thigh rash? Was looking into buying a pair but wanted to see if it actually worked. Also, I haven't seen any activity about them (reviews, facebook posts, etc.) since about 2010 - does anyone know if they're still in business?<br /><br /><br />Here's an old article I found claiming its a great solution to prevent inner thigh rash:<br /><br />http://www.thesurfingblog.com/surf-s...-to-thigh-rash

have had this problem for years. heres what you do. go to your surfshop and pick up a pair of these (see attached pic). not sure what they are called but i call em an undershort. they are lightweight, thin, super stretchy and they prevent rashes. most brands make them now. i think mine are rip curl. i got them when i went to indo a couple years ago - surfed three times a day for two weeks straight and wore them the whole time and it prevented all rashes. rip-ws-undershrort2.jpg

Images
    Or underarmor compression shorts.

Thanks for the suggestions - have tried both those and they definitely help. I tend to get the the rash more under my upper knee from sitting on my longboard from continous rubbing. Thought I would give the sleeves a try...

I use jammer swim shorts like these: http://www.swimoutlet.com/Mens_Jammers_s/213.htm They're like cycling shorts but without the extra padding. Kinda boardshort length Speedos. I started wearing them under my wetsuits so I can get out of the wetsuit and shower at the beach without exposing myself. Now I also wear them under boardshorts just in case of a wardrobe malfunction in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    underarmor
    +1.... nuff said.

I actually figured out that my thigh rash is due to the wax on the board pulling the hairs on my hairy legs. At the risk of another hijack, I just shave that spot on my thigh with a beard trimmer . . . . No more rash!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Agabinet View Post
    I actually figured out that my thigh rash is due to the wax on the board pulling the hairs on my hairy legs. At the risk of another hijack, I just shave that spot on my thigh with a beard trimmer . . . . No more rash!
    Go to the top and take full advantage of the optical inch.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Go to the top and take full advantage of the optical inch.
    Was this the great innuendo I think it was?

But Under Armour isn't a "surf" brand... I couldn't possibly work

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    +1.... nuff said.