LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Thumbs up Hey, non-New Jersey residents who come in contact with Jersey people

It is often hard to understand yourself without looking at outside opinions...........

So, I ax any of youse who have visited NJ or come in contact with NJ people.........

Are we really that bad? Are we really angry, uptight, and attitude driven?

Are we aggressive and loud? Self-centered? Inconsiderate?

Ok you get what I'm axing. So be honest and don't hold back. Be sincere in your criticisms, don't just make bad NJ jokes, ok. Let us have it.

I would say that marylanders are worse.

Images
    Nah man, you jersey folks are alright, it's all those tv shows giving the state a bad rap.

I try not to talk poorly about the handicapped, they can't help it.
    Last edited by leethestud; Jun 24, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

Yes. Absolutely.

However, I go to the South or Midwest and the commoners there label me instantly as an "abrasive northeasterner". So it's probably a regional thing.

If not for Wawa and the availability of Yuengling, I'd have no use for the Garden State. And of course you, PB&J. Couldn't go without someone who gets my stream of unconsciousness.

Let me also add shotting piers to redemption for Jerz. Maybe one day I'll shred to the point where I can do that.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Jun 24, 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: No reason at all. Complete nonsense.

Not taking the bait, have fun w/this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    C'mon SUPper! We are all in the tree of trust. You can say anything in here. Plus, we all love bringing guns to knife fights.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Take the bait. This isn't some trap set for you, DPS. Share your feelings aboot Jersey folks. Remember, Jersey folks, just not me. We already know I suck.

I walk down a trail to get to my jetty. I always say "Hello" to any passers-by I encounter, and I record how people respond. Most people actually respond favorably. Some just smile or offer a quick nod. Some do look shocked that someone says, "Hello." I only really get a few ignores which I have a good response to.

I lived in Corolla, NC for a spell and yeah, NJ and NY people were the most annoying, but then again the "locals' were pretty much a joke too. A bunch of 20-somethings from Pittsburgh and Northern Virginia whose families vacationed there. Then once out of school, they were all, " Oh, I'll move down to the Outer Banks." Then they get a job at a bar or eatery; then they get in with their coworkers and become "Joe Local" ; and then they become "Joe Surf" because they surf in July. Then they can't handle more than one winter and bail. A bunch of dorks who couldn't handle a real cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Take the bait. This isn't some trap set for you, DPS. Share your feelings aboot Jersey folks. Remember, Jersey folks, just not me. We already know I suck.

I walk down a trail to get to my jetty. I always say "Hello" to any passers-by I encounter, and I record how people respond. Most people actually respond favorably. Some just smile or offer a quick nod. Some do look shocked that someone says, "Hello." I only really get a few ignores which I have a good response to.

I lived in Corolla, NC for a spell and yeah, NJ and NY people were the most annoying, but then again the "locals' were pretty much a joke too. A bunch of 20-somethings from Pittsburgh and Northern Virginia whose families vacationed there. Then once out of school, they were all, " Oh, I'll move down to the Outer Banks." Then they get a job at a bar or eatery; then they get in with their coworkers and become "Joe Local" ; and then they become "Joe Surf" because they surf in July. Then they can't handle more than one winter and bail. A bunch of dorks who couldn't handle a real cracker.
    I honestly have never had too much of a problem w/anybody from New Jersey. Most of the guys i've met down here that are from there are pretty cool, a bit wild and nuts (mostly just colorful personalities), but cool. The only thing I notice that youse guys tend to have in common is this whole "everybody and everything in NJ is better than anywhere else" type of thing, lots of talking about back home, and lots of talking about ones self. Other than that, it's all good in the hood.

Don't worry, after you live in the south for a while, you find most northerners to be slightly aggressive. Everything is just very laid back down here, which is polar opposite to life in NY, NJ, and MD (probably could lump DC and parts of CT in with that). Once you pass DC, going south through VA, things move a little slower and people act a little more friendly. It is hard to imagine that I once called Chicago home for a few years.